Adding a digital volt meter

I'd put a volt meter on each amp even if I strapped mine but mine are gain matched
So you've got two voltage meters? Why?

They're both connected to your battery bank. I see no reason why the amps would not be seeing the same amount of voltage

So you've got two voltage meters? Why?
They're both connected to your battery bank. I see no reason why the amps would not be seeing the same amount of voltage

Each volt meter is in each amp right at the amp.. And it came in handy. One amp wasn't seeing the right voltage because a jumper wire on my battery bank pretty much melted from cheap ring terminals... That's why I only use welding tinned copper lugs now. And why I have two volt meters one at each amp

Each volt meter is in each amp right at the amp.. And it came in handy. One amp wasn't seeing the right voltage because a jumper wire on my battery bank pretty much melted from cheap ring terminals... That's why I only use welding tinned copper lugs now. And why I have two volt meters one at each amp
Hmm. I've got quite a few of the cheap ring terminals on my 1/0 wire. I've got tons of SHCA "2/0" copper lugs though

I just need a few copper 1/0 lugs for my 2/0 welding cable

So its really down to how curious you are, I'm probably just going to do two as well. Massive why did you chose to do gain matched vs. Strapped? Did you try strapped? What were the differences you seen if you did try both ways?

So its really down to how curious you are, I'm probably just going to do two as well. Massive why did you chose to do gain matched vs. Strapped? Did you try strapped? What were the differences you seen if you did try both ways?

I have never strapped. A few other guys I've talked to said they were same or like .2db louder gain matched so not really a difference in output, but if you strap there is a chance if one amp blows up it could take out the other amp... That was what amp medics said before to my buddy when he asked about strapping Vs gain match.

I have never strapped. A few other guys I've talked to said they were same or like .2db louder gain matched so not really a difference in output, but if you strap there is a chance if one amp blows up it could take out the other amp... That was what amp medics said before to my buddy when he asked about strapping Vs gain match.
So basically there is no real difference between the two, OK how did you gain match yours? I ask because I've heard many different methods too it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.