added fan to amp it went into protect mode y ?

sweet, thx for the info, i wish I was a gearhead but i'm just a computer geek lol.

i still want to know what he has the power wire going into.

i do want to get a h.o alternator i think that is a problem with the amp overheating

i hate this intrepid **** its so hard to work on everything is a pain the ass to get to and the ******** at best buy are the ones that put the power wire on the fuse relay center and i just copied them i also found out they grounded out my highs amp to a small bolt under my seat and they didnt even scratch the paint off that is why you dont take it to profesionals

ps my grandma gave me this intrepid thats why i have it it only had 35 thousand miles

well i think i know what to do now the big 3 and new alternator

where could i get one of those alternators at should i go to advanced or order online how do i know its going to fit

There's nothing wrong with your vehicle, OP. It's fine for someone your age. Worry about getting a nice ass car once you've grown up and make your own living...

big 3 is 0 gauge from alt to underhood positive , engine block to negative on battery under hood , and finally negative on under hood battery to very secure grounding point on body under the hood. you should be set after that.

how many feet should i order

well i think i know what to do now the big 3 and new alternator where could i get one of those alternators at should i go to advanced or order online how do i know its going to fit
High output alternators can get expensive depending on where you buy them.

You could always look at the following links, but none of them are cheap;

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/

MechMan.com - High Output Alternators, AGM Batteries, 12- & 16-volt Charging Systems for Car Audio

Home

Some people also buy h/o alts on ebay, but I have zero experience with those and find the prices too good to be true.

As far as choosing an alt for your vehicle, simply specify the make and model of your vehicle when you're searching...

around 150 to 250 should be ok. the one on the car is probably 90-110
I'd shoot for 200+ amps. I wouldn't call a 150 amp alt h/o by any means. It's hardly even worth the effort really. If you have to drop the money, might as well get something big enough to cover modest upgrades. I highly doubt this kid will continue to run Kicker Comps once he learns more about car audio...

wtf this is ****ign ********

#

Lift up the front end of the car using the jack and put it down on a pair of jack stands. Pop the hood. Remove the connection on the negative terminal on the battery with a wrench, then follow that up by taking off the positive terminal.

#

Step 2

Unbolt the lower splash shield from the vehicle using the 3/8-inch ratchet and socket, then unbolt the lower radiator support and set it to the side. Loosen the bolts on the alternator, located in the lower driver's side corner of the engine.

#

Step 3

Push the alternator towards the middle of the engine and then pull the belt off the alternator. Unbolt and unplug the connections on the alternator with a 3/8-inch ratchet and socket and your hands.

#

Step 4

Remove both bolts from the alternator using an open-end wrench and the 3/8-inch ratchet and socket. Lift it down and out from under the vehicle and set it to the side.

Read more: How to Remove an Alternator in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid | eHow.com How to Remove an Alternator in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid | eHow.com

wtf this is ****ign ********
#

Lift up the front end of the car using the jack and put it down on a pair of jack stands. Pop the hood. Remove the connection on the negative terminal on the battery with a wrench, then follow that up by taking off the positive terminal.

#

Step 2

Unbolt the lower splash shield from the vehicle using the 3/8-inch ratchet and socket, then unbolt the lower radiator support and set it to the side. Loosen the bolts on the alternator, located in the lower driver's side corner of the engine.

#

Step 3

Push the alternator towards the middle of the engine and then pull the belt off the alternator. Unbolt and unplug the connections on the alternator with a 3/8-inch ratchet and socket and your hands.

#

Step 4

Remove both bolts from the alternator using an open-end wrench and the 3/8-inch ratchet and socket. Lift it down and out from under the vehicle and set it to the side.

Read more: How to Remove an Alternator in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid | eHow.com How to Remove an Alternator in a 2002 Dodge Intrepid | eHow.com
You have to put forth some effort to get certain things done, man...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.