added fan to amp it went into protect mode y ?

i have like 500 to spend was just trying to be a cheap ***** what do i need

can i just hook the battery up like positive from my under the hood batter to positive to the trunk batter then ground out the trunk battery then put the 2 amps on the trunk batter or do i have to do it a different way

so why was the rd overheating before was bit because it couldnt get the right power

this one time the fuses melting right on the amp but the amp still worked lol

I was gonna say, Get a high output alternator for your car. You do that, it will charge the batteries under the hood, and the back one near your amp, and give you greater voltage, which = more power for your amp.

Eventually, your stock alternator will fry out. In my scion xb, i have a 90 amp alternator, and that thing is gonna give up soon lol.

im guessing mine 130 amp do i have to do the big 3 before i put in the 2nd batterY?
130 alternator is not that bad, so you will live.

No for the big 3, but its smart to do. It gives you a 25% electrical increase.

Its also really easy.

This is how to do it, from maxssonics.

[video=youtube;p82xRzCr-lc]

i was just looking it my car and i cant find the alternator i cant find where it is there is this thing i dont know what it is i thought it was the alternator but i dont think it is and my battery is a pain in the ass to get to you have to remove a trap door in the wheel well to get to it and it look like my battery has a double run of wires comming off of it

i was just looking it my car and i cant find the alternator i cant find where it is there is this thing i dont know what it is i thought it was the alternator but i dont think it is and my battery is a pain in the ass to get to you have to remove a trap door in the wheel well to get to it and it look like my battery has a double run of wires comming off of it
Give me a pic of under the hood, and look at that video, he shows what the alternator looks like.

It also looks like this

ALTERNATOR.jpg

and see the napa battery in the 3rd pic it has 2 wires comming off of it is that normal and when i replace it do i have to do both

lol i think the thing next to the washer fluid cap is probably a dist cap or maybe the freaking horn? thats how stupid I am with engines...

also wtf do you have your positive wire tapped into? the fuse panel?

fvck gm, i have to figure out the wife's ION battery setup, she has a similar + terminal next to the fuse panel, probably for jumping the car like yours. cant find the **** battery anywhere haha

can i just hook the battery up like positive from my under the hood batter to positive to the trunk batter then ground out the trunk battery then put the 2 amps on the trunk batter or do i have to do it a different way

so why was the rd overheating before was bit because it couldnt get the right power

this one time the fuses melting right on the amp but the amp still worked lol
yes feeding too little power to it will overheat it. and yes you have the right idea about the battery. positive under hood to positive on the battery , negative in trunk to a very secure gronding point. , big 3 is 0 gauge from alt to underhood positive , engine block to negative on battery under hood , and finally negative on under hood battery to very secure grounding point on body under the hood. you should be set after that.

lol i think the thing next to the washer fluid cap is probably a dist cap or maybe the freaking horn? thats how stupid I am with engines... also wtf do you have your positive wire tapped into? the fuse panel?

fvck gm, i have to figure out the wife's ION battery setup, she has a similar + terminal next to the fuse panel, probably for jumping the car like yours. cant find the **** battery anywhere haha
that is the criuse control vaccum diaphram. its what holds the throttle open when you turn cruise control on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.