Add equalizer to Jeep Alpine OEM 9-speaker system

Participant count
  • Participant list

EssKayKay

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello,
This may sound a bit weird but I was not pleased with the 9-speaker Alpine sound system in my 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Based on recommendations from a local car audio shop, I replaced the OEM speakers with Kenwood Excelon series speakers. Sad to say but I’m still not overly impressed – somewhat better but not really what I was hoping for. I want a fuller, deeper, maybe bassier sound (not boomy sub-woofer stuff).

I’ve been playing with the on board EQ but it’s still not great. I was thinking about adding a more robust equalizer (maybe five or seven band). However, I want this to not just sound better but look as it is an integrated part of the car or at least quite obscure, not some after-market addon (i.e. small, no lights, etc.). Maybe I’m dreaming here but I’d like to do this for around $100. Has anyone added a graphic equalizer to a Jeep Cherokee 9-speaker Alpine sound system?

Thanks,
Steve K.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...