add amp to mach 460

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2000 mustang. You have to buy a amp that is compatible to the factory amp(you could bypass the factory amp but the radio won't work), if not you will get a terrible engine noise, and you can't filter it out. You could also buy a aftermarket head unit and bypass the factory amp, and then you could use any amp. Good luck, I learned the hard way, $$$$$.

You don't even have to make sure it is compatible.. just find an amp with speaker level inputs and tap the rear speaker leads right b4 the speakers and go straight to the amp..finding the remote for the factory amp is what will be difficult.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.