Active PA setup help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
So I decided to run some PA speakers. I bought cheap for now to see how I like the PA setup.

I bought 6 Pyle pro PPA6.5" mids and 6 Pyle pro PH25 tweeters.

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-ppa6-6-1-2-pa-speaker--292-210

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-ph25-3-x-3-horn-tweeter--272-104

I will be running them on a PPI 800.4

WoofersEtc.com - BK800.4 - Precision Power 4-Channel 800W RMS Class A/B Black Ice Series Car Amplifier

I have a pioneer 80prs head unit.

What should I cross them at? Do I do this through the headunit or "guess" with the amp crossovers?

Can someone walk me through running these active with the 80prs please? Never really messed with the network mode or active with this deck.

i just open filters on amp and use hu crossovers..not sure on the 80prs as u can tune alot more with slopes and what not..i got my mids crossed at 100 and tweets crossed at 3.5k
So keep the crossover on the amp on full pass and it will bypass the amp crossovers and just go off the head unit crossovers?

Or set to bandpass on amp?

set amp to FULL, run HU in Network mode so you can set xover points/slopes.

Mids are only 88dB sensitivity, so I wouldn't expect them to get very loud assuming you'll be at 2.66ohm with 3 running off a channel. You really only need 1-2 tweeters per side to keep up with 3 mids per side. But you can run 3 per side and dial back power to them...

Thank you sir. I honestly didn't even look at the sensitivity of them. I just saw a few videos of them and twisted child's video comparing them. For $10 a piece I said why not try them. I might just run 2 tweeters per side now.

You definitely don't need three super tweets for three mids. One would suffice in that setup but two could be managed. Just don't be too surprised when the treble burns your ears. ;-)

I would use the head unit crossovers if possible and I'd start with the crossover points at 80 and 2500Hz. From there, salt to taste. Also, if you can afford the money and space, I would plan to run a seperate tweeter amp ultimately. That way you can bridge the 4 channel to two and get more power to the mids while using a much smaller amp to run the tweets. Tweets don't need anywhere near the power that mids do and that goes double for super tweets.

Got it all "finished" today. 3 mids and 2 tweets per door. Stupid loud! I didn't feel like pulling my dash apart so I haven't been able to put my 80prs in network mode. I just used the crossovers on the amp for now. Going to be buying 3 PAC LC1s. One for tweets, mids, and subs.

Tomorrow if Im up to it ill be pulling the headunit to switch it to network mode and use the headunit crossovers. But so far I'm very happy with them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Got it all "finished" today. 3 mids and 2 tweets per door. Stupid loud! I didn't feel like pulling my dash apart so I haven't been able to put my 80prs in network mode. I just used the crossovers on the amp for now. Going to be buying 3 PAC LC1s. One for tweets, mids, and subs. Tomorrow if Im up to it ill be pulling the headunit to switch it to network mode and use the headunit crossovers. But so far I'm very happy with them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Save your $$$$, once you're in network mode you have adjustable levels for sub, mid, high...so you can raise/lower output via the HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.