• RE AUDIO XXX6.5C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow CMX

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

chrisct
10+ year member

lousiana
I recently purchased a sundown sax-100.4d and wanted to run an active setup. I am looking for components that that will produce the "loudest music" and will work best with the amp. I am not really looking for a lot of midbass because I have a Re xxx 15" sub installed for bass.

I was looking into

1)Morel 6 Tempo

2)Boston Pro 60

3)Morel MW166-4 from madisound

4)Tang Band W6-1721 from parts-express

5)Hertz HSK 165 6.5"

6)RE AUDIO XXX6.5C

7)Rainbow CMX

Which of these do you think would fit my needs the best?

Your sub isn't gonna play much for midbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif The more sub you've got the more midbass you'll need to properly blend the two.

Your sub isn't gonna play much for midbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif The more sub you've got the more midbass you'll need to properly blend the two.
x2

Gotcha man, I was just trying to say I cared more about louder/clearer "words" than mid bass. I do want some mid bass to fill the points the sub can't hit.

I would think using a XXX for your subwoofer, thats exactly what you would want, alot of midbass to help with that subs lack of upper end. But I understand what your trying to do.

I previously had the rainbow cmx kickbass which has more midbass than the standard series but honestly in my opinion I though the 15" drowns any midbass those door speakers made. I don't know if maybe they were defective or somthing.

Thanks for everyone's input so far

I previously had the rainbow cmx kickbass which has more midbass than the standard series but honestly in my opinion I though the 15" drowns any midbass those door speakers made. I don't know if maybe they were defective or somthing.
Thanks for everyone's input so far
the 15" shouldnt "drown" anything out. Sub plays a certain set of frequencies and midbass plays a different set. When the midbasses are working the subs shouldnt be. So the sub should NOT drown out the midbass, its likely that they over power the midbass causing it to sound distorted, but the woofer typically shouldnt be pounding the same notes as the midbass.

Thanks for yalls thoughts. I guess I do need a driver that produces decent mid bass as long as getting loud.
for sure man, on a side note, I love my tempo 6's. I find that with the windows down (99% of the time) the tweets are comfortable, and with the windows up they are a little bright, so I just set the fader to R2 or R4 and it takes care of the problem well enough for me. I'm putting them to the xenon 200.4 gain is up fairly high. Love the comps, but I dont think they would sound AS GOOD with less than ~150 or so to each side. Maybe if you do some mean deadening the 6.5s would be sufficient off lower power though

if your looking for loud and clear, the Bostons are a good choice for you

BUT...instead of going active, leave the passives on there and bi amp them, your looking for LOUD and CLEAR as your main goals, the xovers might give you a little protection and save you some trouble, you dont seem like a person who is gonna benefit much from the time spent on active stuff...IMO

i know active is the big thing here lately, but its not like those companies just throw a set of parts together for the crossovers, there is alot of time put into them for the speakers its using, it dosent take much at all to mess up a set of tweeters

if you have T/A and such you can still do it with bi amp, still adjust levels and such, your buying speakers with passives made already, why not just use them

thats just my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...