Acoustic Elegance AV12-X D2!

microhaxo, hows the AV holding up after a few weeks of use? any differrence in performance? Do you think the AV could handle constant rap songs with lots and lots of bass? thx so much
I wondered the same with all the stuff that bassfreak said and issues he had, but mine are still mint and ive been seriously abusing them

the 2.5 will take that all day anyway. Judging by the heatsinking capabilities of his 2.5 you'd need 2000+watts to start to really push the 3inch coils, that's just a guess tho.
My little 2" coil 10s wont even get WARM after 30 minutes of full volume, of an underrated 1500w rms, low quality, high bass, rap music. I was listening thinking to myself "****, level 15 bass for 30 minutes, I bet theyre hot as hell." then i touched them and was shocked to find they werent even warm.

and god d*amn are they loud for an SQ 10" driver. It almost seems like theyre getting louder...

I had wanted to go ported with these really bad from the beginning, to get some stronger output, but now I really dont think i will need to do another box. if anything, just a slightly larger sealed box.

dont want to say I told ya guys so.... but.... told ya guys so lol.

For what they are and designed for they are sick little subs, no doubt. Testing the 3" AE against some of the top SPL subs real soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A proper sub system should only be required to handle 2 octaves of material, at the most (20-80hz). So Im confused why there is a huge debate over the 'range' of subwoofers. If you are this concerned about the upper end of your sub stage, you probably should be looking at your mids/midbass setup instead.

hmm ok bumpin i was just wondering if you knew, i can't wait for the results, John is not going to be sacrificing SQ for the bigger coil and power handling is he?
I dont see him sacrificing much SQ but then again I do not know how that works when changing to bigger stronger materials.

here is another vid to help show some spl, nothing great but fun to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That cup woulda done a front flip in my car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I dont see him sacrificing much SQ but then again I do not know how that works when changing to bigger stronger materials.
there are alot of different types of distortion, and even more varibles indtorduce distortion.. higher b/l means higher inductance.. high excursion means more pressure on its moving parts, suspension lineartly etc... it can be done, but a SPL woofer is made for a narrow bandwidth and by definition that won't sound good becaseu there peaky etc.. doesn't mean the introduce distortion from its orginal signal, just that the signal wasn't meant to be boosted that way..

Nice to see the thread is still bumpin, lol.

The AV12-X is still hitting just as hard and still sounds just as great. I actually will be unhooking it or running strictly ATT for the winter as it gets pretty cold here (double negative digits) and i would rather not have an ice block in my trunk that is constantly freezing and then heating up. That could cause condensation to form and eventually cause some sort of damage to the sub over time. And since i like this sub so much i want to baby the **** out of it...

So no boom boom for me over cold winter.

(i dont care what anyone says, every single sub i have owned has gotten so stiff in the cold winters here that it barely hit until it warmed up some 30 min later) see my various other threads about it.. - not worth the hassle imo.

Edit: Also for the comment above about the cup, you need to realize that the sub was running at around 740w RMS during that video and it is not a SPL driver. Im sure there are Dozens of people with 1.5kw setups that can "flip" a cup but unless your car is as thin as a tin can, i doubt anyone on 700w will cause more movement. The point was merely to show that the AV series subs have output contrary to what some believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.