Achieving Spl Numbers with what you have.

Silica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I figure, since most threads are about one product over another product, why not enlighten the "newer" members seaking SPL with ways to achieve what their looking for with what is possible, cost efficient, and overall music friendly. First off im sure that many people new to the forum or not so new to the forum would like to take into consideration a list of variations, parameters, options if you will when attempting to design their vehicles system. Simple knowledgeable facts that may be overlooked if not directly stated, such as: Doubling wattage to the sub, in theory has a 3db increase. Higher ported box tuning, potentially higher output.

I figure why dont we all throw down points for the spl seekers to take into consideration when designing their system.

Tim

How about this one.....

Moving the box around and seeing what is right for you and what hits good numbers on the mic? I know alot of people ask this question which way should it be facing.... etc

Hahah what an awesome thread, thanks buddy... me a newbie to this forum anyways, so yeah, first of all people probably need to find out a few things for them selves to see which sounds better, etc...and then when they get setup sorted, then find out be told ways to increase noise..., well this is probably the stage i am at, but am looking at upgrading subs before entering comps,... but in response to the moving box around to best suit performance, i've heard taht backwards (subs facing toward rear) facing is better in most cases, and i'd say would gain more SQL that way, but yeah i think people just have to do some trial and error, because every car is diffent... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

but yes please give some ways of improving performance SPL wise,....?>. :veryhappy

Hahah what an awesome thread, thanks buddy... me a newbie to this forum anyways, so yeah, first of all people probably need to find out a few things for them selves to see which sounds better, etc...and then when they get setup sorted, then find out be told ways to increase noise..., well this is probably the stage i am at, but am looking at upgrading subs before entering comps,... but in response to the moving box around to best suit performance, i've heard taht backwards (subs facing toward rear) facing is better in most cases, and i'd say would gain more SQL that way, but yeah i think people just have to do some trial and error, because every car is diffent... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
but yes please give some ways of improving performance SPL wise,....?>. :veryhappy
a competitive person never tells his secrets. If so, a comp wouldnt be a comp because everyone would have the same equipment and techniques as you. But for those of you who want to share, im not the one to stop. But i'll be taking notes.

Hahah oh yeah that would be true, but still. . . there are things that could be told that ain't secrets and would just help people, yeah.. sweet az then...i wouldn't be sharing no secrets if i knew would affect if i won or not hheh.

Heres a good place to start for some:

Having bass settings(H/U), and or gains(Amp) turned all the way up doesn't work for everyone. In fact some people don't utilize the bass settings on their H/U(output varies).

Adjust front seats about 3/4 of the way forward. (varies depending on mic placement)

* Results will vary *

Play with different boxes.....

Make sure your box has NO flex, in other words bracing and resin would work. I did a thread on this about a month or 2 ago so just search...

a competitive person never tells his secrets. If so, a comp wouldnt be a comp because everyone would have the same equipment and techniques as you. But for those of you who want to share, im not the one to stop. But i'll be taking notes.
Werd.

-Dustin

Werd.
-Dustin
Only a few have the big secrets. Everything else is just a starting point. Just like ideas given so far in this thread. All are good starting points.

I've been given a few by a few trustworthy people, and if I told anyone else my system would die a horrible death. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif :thumbsup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.