Accord stalls after pressing on gas problem

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just happened recently, kinda hard to explain. The car stalls after pressing on the gas, and it happens after stopping everytime. The RPM would go all the way up, usually past 5 then and car would stall for a few seconds without going over 15-20mph then it would suddenly speed up and work normal again. This happens everytime after a stop light, stop sign, and sometimes up the hill. So any solutions? I may have to go to my mechanic on monday and get a maintence check as the light blinks after starting the car.

Havent done anything performance wise to the car except installing a performance chip a month or so ago. Prob have to take that out and see if it'll fix the problem. just had oil change 2 weeks ago as well.

Is it stick? Also when you say stall does it shut off or is it like its not in gear so your just revving instead of moving?
it's automatic, doesn't shut off. yea doesn't feel like im moving at all even though i pressed the gas and the rpm goes past 3-4. it does that for a few seconds and then the car shoots forward and starts working normal again.

i dont know if your vehicle is the same but i had a little problem something like that in my izusu i-280 and my problem was the O2 sensor that had gone bad..not sure if this helps but just giving you a little info

lol my car just started to do something like that 2 .ill press the gas but the car will stay at the same speed and than it starts going

well mechanic it is monday. ill just deal with it driving tomorrow. i need to get a new accord, this one looks like its dying.
lmk what they tell you lol i thought my car was doing that because i hadn't drove the car in a few days but i doubt thats what it is. do you have a check engine light?

Hold on. My car used to do that too and it was the MAF. Unplugg the MAF and drive it around and see if it does it. It will run kind of funny and run lean, but as long as you give it consistent gas it shouldnt shoot forward with the MAF unplugged. It will set an SES light too if you decide to check it out.

lmk what they tell you lol i thought my car was doing that because i hadn't drove the car in a few days but i doubt thats what it is. do you have a check engine light?
haha will do. it just happened to me today, maybe it's because i keep pressing the gas down too hard everything after a stop light or stop sign. and i also doubt my mangaflow exhaust system has anything to do with it since it's been months since i had it installed. maybe my parents will buy me a new car.

Hold on. My car used to do that too and it was the MAF. Unplugg the MAF and drive it around and see if it does it. It will run kind of funny and run lean, but as long as you give it consistent gas it shouldnt shoot forward with the MAF unplugged. It will set an SES light too if you decide to check it out.
eh, i don't even know where the where the MAF or the O2 sensor even are. but ill do some research and see if they'll fix the problem. thanks

Accords are known to have bad trannies. And this happens every time you are taking off from a stop. Does this happen more when the vehicle is warmed up. Or all the time. Have you taken a peak at the tranny fluid as well.

Also possible for the Mass Air flow sensor to be bad. Check your air filter see how dirty it is.

Note o2 sensor would not do this. A junked O2 would creat missfires. Although you could have enough miss fires to cause a bog down. But Im sure you would know the difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.