Accord - Audio System + Battery/Alternator - Suggestion

Participant count
  • Participant list

michaelx

Hey Guys,

I'm considering replacing my accord's stock audio system. I'm kinda new to car audio, so this would be my 1st time building a serious audio system. It includes, but not limited to: Head unit/Subs/Speakers/Amp/Battery etc. My budget is $2,000 max.

My selected component systems:

Head Unit: JVC - KWDB70

Subwoofer: Alpine SWX - 1243D or Kicker L7 or JL W7AE

(I'm thinking to get a single 15" rather than 2 12", but it would be helpful if you guys can advice which one would be better) - Mix of SQ and SPL.

Speakers: Alpine SPX 17 PRO

Amplfier: Alpine PDX V9

My Questions:

1. Is this setup decent? If No - Any other recommendation?

2. Do I need to upgrade my Car Battery? If Yes:

- Do I replace my stock battery or Do I add an external battery?

3. Do I need to upgrade my alternator?

Thank You!

Mike

The alpine s series subs as with most of they're subs aren't very sq oriented also you haven't put any budget for wires box install nothing 2,000 is a decent budget for a system tho So with that in mind the deck is ok. Spend more on frt stage less on rear stage as they are more for fill anyway if you want SQL then you'll need to look at better subs like Tc. Id or even tantric also a 15 will take up as much space box wise as 2-12s but have less output Now depending on which amp you use will depend on if you need the extra battery with the alpine I'd say you might get away with replacing the frt only with the biggest you can get in there. Agm of course also do the big 3 and use good wire A custom box as well no prefab you'll thank me later on this one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.