Accidentally disconnected a subs now every speaker and sub connected to amp is popping/clicking really loud

Participant count
  • Participant list

Soundjunkie2008

CarAudio.com Newbie
First post here

So a few weeks back i picked up a decent-ish setup...
2 Pioneer A300D4 DVC 12inch 4ohm subs
1 Targa Thump 4100.4 4channel 4900watt amp
And a Pioneer deh-s1150ub headunit

Broke the subs in with about 50hrs of playtime, the the unthinkable happened, i assume because of the vibration one sub's wiring accidentally disconnected and i heard a loup thumping of the subs, so i turned everything off, connected the wiring back again, but now when i plug an audio source like my phone or a usb into the headunit (its controllable by a Pioneer ARC app) or do anything that triggers the amp to turn on, both my 6x9's and subs make a really loud clicking and clipping popping whatever u wanna call it, and an even louder thumping when i disconnect an audio source and the amp turns off, and i dont hear any music just surging sounds, plz help

Sounds like a ‘ground loop’ problem. I am going to guess that when the speaker wire came loose it shorted against the amplifier’s case.
long story short, you have damaged the amplifier. If you are really unlucky, you damaged the head unit too.
Did you get the amp new? Does it have any warranty?

Yes sir I did get the amp new, looks like I have warranty on my side, and I don't think the head unit is damaged at all, it still operates completely normal, both the front 6inch speakers are connected to the head unit, subs and 6x9's are at the amp, and now I've connected all the speaker wire but left the rca's disconnected, and now when I plug any 6x9 or sub into the amp's input side it does all that, but the speakers that are connected to the head unit still plays fine. Thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.