About To Give Up Keep Blowing Fuses

MylesR

So today on my way to school I blew the 100amp mini ANL that came with my audiopipe aspm 1500 once I got home I checked all the connections to make sure I had no obvious short and went and bought a 125amp mini ANL when I wired everything back to my battery I blew my 130amp ANL fuse up front immediately. But the 125 Mini ANL in back did not blow. I decided to pull all wiring out and opened up the amp looking for any blown caps or obvious reason as to why I am immediately popping fuses but did not find any all wire is intact and no exposed wire anywhere. Anyone have an idea to what it might be I dont want to go buy a new amp and have the same problem?? All wire is execution audio 4awg and it is in an audi a4. Any input greatly appreciated!

So today on my way to school I blew the 100amp mini ANL that came with my audiopipe aspm 1500 once I got home I checked all the connections to make sure I had no obvious short and went and bought a 125amp mini ANL when I wired everything back to my battery I blew my 130amp ANL fuse up front immediately. But the 125 Mini ANL in back did not blow. I decided to pull all wiring out and opened up the amp looking for any blown caps or obvious reason as to why I am immediately popping fuses but did not find any all wire is intact and no exposed wire anywhere. Anyone have an idea to what it might be I dont want to go buy a new amp and have the same problem?? All wire is execution audio 4awg and it is in an audi a4. Any input greatly appreciated!
It blew while playing music? Doesn't sound good man.

When you replaced your fuse with the 125A fuse, did you remove the battery ground, replace the fuse, and then re-ground?
Yes I removed ground, installed fuse, then re-grounded and as soon as I re-grounded the 130a fuse up front blew immediately but the 125a in back did not blow.

Try disconnecting the fuse holder, clip both wire ends skin them then reconnect them. Do the same at the amp and make sure your ground is tight and grounding to bare metal. Also when you put another fuse in shut your car off and pull the positive terminal off the battery first.

Also make sure none of your power wire is melted or cracked anywhere. Seems like its grounding or shorting along the way causing the fuse to blow.

Is there any way to tell for sure if the amp is toast before I drop the money on a new amp because I really don't want to have to dip into my summer job money aka gas money for the school year??

I will have to give this a try tomorrow as I have no extra fusses on hand, should I try maybe doing a direct connect to the battery both positive and negative with a fuse on the positive wire since i pulled all my power wire out tonight looking for damage??

I will have to give this a try tomorrow as I have no extra fusses on hand, should I try maybe doing a direct connect to the battery both positive and negative with a fuse on the positive wire since i pulled all my power wire out tonight looking for damage??
No your amp needs its own ground. If you back seat folds down fold it down and take the panel off behind it and there should be a bolt behind it somewhere. Take the nut off and sand around it or use something to scrape the paint off down to bare metal then clip and skin the end of your ground wire. Then cut a short section of the coating and slide it just to the end of the wire so that its like a washer on the end of the ground the spread the exposed threads evenly and put it on the bolt so that its like putting the nut back on then bolt the nut on nice and tight. Having the rubber coating on the end of the ground will keep the nut from forcing some of the threads out.

Also make sure the signal wire coming from the hu isn't lose.

gotcha-ya right now my ground is on bare metal using a eye that is through bolted to the rear deck frame support. And you said it would be bad to do a direct ground wire to my battery and a direct fused positive wire to my battery that are both say 5 ft long for testing purposes??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.