ab xfl 1244 with hifonics amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
k well i have 2 american bass xfl 1244 (4 ohm) subs. can these be wired down to 1 ohm???

i want to use a hifonics 3000 watt rms amp at 1 ohm so each sub will get 1500 watts roughly...

lemme know please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This thread looks awfully familiar......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok. Lol! Thought so. Yes you can. Wire each one parallel. Positive to positive and out the amp and negative to negative and out to the amp. Thereby having 2 2 ohm subs pulling a 1 ohm load from your amp.

Ok. Lol! Thought so. Yes you can. Wire each one parallel. Positive to positive and out the amp and negative to negative and out to the amp. Thereby having 2 2 ohm subs pulling a 1 ohm load from your amp.
these subs are 4 ohm.... i cant find any 2 ohm ones. cant find a dealer that carries them around my area. so i was just goin to buy the 4 ohm ones offline.. and i cant find the 2 ohm ones online either

Not sure what you mean exactly. If they're going to be 4 ohm dual voice coil subs they can only be wired 2 ways. 2 ohm or 8 ohm. If you wire the 2 dual voice coil 4 ohms you're going to get a 1 ohm load from your amp. Understand?

If you were to get the 2 ohm dual voice coil they can only be wired 2 ways as well. 1 ohm or 4 ohm. 1 ohm you would be pulling a .5 ohm load from the amp and I'm not real sure the Hifonics can take that in a daily driving setup. And if you wire them to 4 ohm they're going to pull 2 ohms from the amp giving you less watts. Is this making sense? In other words to run your subs at a 1 ohm load they have to be 4 ohm dual voice coil to begin with. Have you looked at any subwoofer wiring diagrams? Here's a good one:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=4

ab xfl 1222 is 2 ohm

ab xfl1244 is 4 ohm

i want to run at 1 ohm from my amp.. so i need to use the ab xfl1222 ???

1ohm from my amp puts out 3000 watts rms

2 ohm from my amp puts out 1500 watts

4 ohms puts out 750 watts

If you were to get the 2 ohm dual voice coil they can only be wired 2 ways as well. 1 ohm or 4 ohm. 1 ohm you would be pulling a .5 ohm load from the amp and I'm not real sure the Hifonics can take that in a daily driving setup. And if you wire them to 4 ohm they're going to pull 2 ohms from the amp giving you less watts. Is this making sense? In other words to run your subs at a 1 ohm load they have to be 4 ohm dual voice coil to begin with. Have you looked at any subwoofer wiring diagrams? Here's a good one:
Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard
yea i dont think that amp can run at .5 ohms 1 ohm stable only..

so i guess you answered my question i thought that 4 ohm subs can be wired only to pull 4 or 2 ohms from my amp..

so if i want to pull 1 ohm from my amp ill have to wire my dual 4 ohm subs the right way? there is a good car audio shop in my area im sure they csan wire it for me i just needed to make sure i was going to buy the right subs

No. You want these: ab xfl1244 is 4 ohm

Look at the wiring diagram. I know it's confusing man but it's one of the easier things in car audio.... When running 2 dual voice coil subs and trying to achieve a 1 ohm load you have to have 4 ohm subwoofers. The 2 ohm aren't 2 ohm in other words. Cause when you wire them they're going to be either 4 ohm or 1 ohm.

okay. well i used to have a old xd series 1000 watt ab amp with the 2 ab xd dual 4 ohm subs and they were wired for 1 ohm i guess as they were wired the same way in the first diagram. so i know how to wire them i just didnt know about these ones. i got that setup from a friend dont know much about ohms and wiring. so xfl 12 dual 4 ohm for the win?!

yes ive had 2 ab systems and 1 kicker. i was told these xfls kill the kicker l7s and i was looking at buying those but not for $700 a piece im not. lol and i was looking at sundown amps cuz ive seen alot of people talkin about them. they seem real strong but... again for the price $1000+ nty haha

and im having my car audio shop custom make me a box for these subs so theyll smack just right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.