AB VFL 150.1 vs Orion XTR3700 (2015 Model) ??

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been wanting a VFL 150.1 for a while now since I got my AB XFL 12's. I stopped into my local Car Audio store and they carry Orion products. They have the new Orion XTR3700 which is actually closer to a 5k amp as compared to the 2014 XTR3700 which was right at 3.7K

He say's the price is still the same as the 2014 model so it would be a good idea to jump on this amp while it's still $699. I don't know much about current Orion products, I know they were pretty good back in the day but I know they had a couple of rough years.

What do you guys think?

American Bass VFL 150.1 $599

OR

Orion XTR3700 $699

While I have ran many of the VFL Amps thru out the years and always been impressed I would buy the Orion in a heartbeat. I would do more research before I bought the VFL. Orion is making a come back and am pretty sure they are not owned by the people who own Lanzar. I read up on the older model of that amp and found a big review and test of it online

So you think Orion is not as Solid as American Bass?
To get the "2900" the vfl 150.1 claims u have. To wire at .5 and hope to rise no higjer than .8 and maintain high 14s voltage...realistic numbers in that amp running at 1 ohm are like 21-2200 ..so dont buy it thimking ur gona run it at 1 ohm and get close to 3k

To get the "2900" the vfl 150.1 claims u have. To wire at .5 and hope to rise no higjer than .8 and maintain high 14s voltage...realistic numbers in that amp running at 1 ohm are like 21-2200 ..so dont buy it thimking ur gona run it at 1 ohm and get close to 3k
good info, I have been contemplating whether or not to replace my saz1500v3 when I drop in my t 2's, and the 150 is one of the amps I have been looking at. Maybe one of the new sundowns? Did not mean to jack thread.

While I have ran many of the VFL Amps thru out the years and always been impressed I would buy the Orion in a heartbeat. I would do more research before I bought the VFL. Orion is making a come back and am pretty sure they are not owned by the people who own Lanzar. I read up on the older model of that amp and found a big review and test of it online
And note it does not say Lanzar opti. MD Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.