AA Havoc 12" Sealed??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Arrowman400
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What do you guys think an AA Havoc 12" would sound like sealed in a .95 box (before displacement) with 1100w to it?

I have no experience with this sub, so I have a few questions about it:

Would this be considered an SPL or SQ sub, or a good mix between the two?

What is the minimum wattage this sub requires to sound good?

How would it compare to a DC LvL 3 in the same application?

Thanks for all the help,

Brent

I have never heard a Havoc in a sealed box but mine is in a 3 cube ported box and she sounds AMAZING!!!! Awesome sub though....I don't think you will be disappointed with it either way.

Why are they not good sealed? On their site they say they can be run sealed, but what is the drawback? I know the output will be less in a sealed enclosure, but what else?

How would it compare to the IDMAX in the same application?

really just depends on your listening pleasures , but i agree if you are doing sealed then make it at least 2.5 -3 cubes .drawbacks ,coils dont cool like they should, wont be as loud

Well, I have been looking at the DC LvL 3 going in this same .95 box, so it's really between that, the AA Havoc, or the Fi Q

That is all the space I have to work with and the box is already made, now I just have to choose a sub to go in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Out of the three, the AA Havoc says it will work in the smallest box (all the way down to .6 cuft), so I assumed it would be the better option for me and the space I have

I listen to mostly rap/hip-hop and want it to get pretty loud without sacrificing too much clarity, it will be going in a center console box in my crew cab truck, so I still want decent SQ, but realize I can't have it all, especially with my space requirements.

Thank you for all the opinions/advice so far

Brent

you will more than likely lose alot of low end extension in .95 sealed. how much power do u have? if a small sealed box is a must...a Skar vvx 12 would be suitable,or a DC level 3.

if you are going to go sealed,then make another box identical and run two subs otherwise you wont be happy with that small of a sealed box trust me.you will start to abuse the sub because it wont be loud enough and then the coils will get hot as hell unless you keep the volume down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.