A walled cutlass no more :( ***Story/Pics of why***

SPLluminator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
GR, Michigan
Well, here is the reason I am no longer building my cutlass. I just thought I'd share the story with all of you. It began with a simple thunderstorm. After the storm was over I decided to go bump for a little while. Well, long story short, i found out that all the shaking caused my trunk to leak and I lost my mids amp(dsc4125). I was a little upset to say the least but it wasnt all that great of an amp and it was cheap anyways. Not even a week after this I went to Mcdonalds to get a $1 32oz Dr. Pepper on my lunch break, I then decided to go for a drive and listen to some music. I came up to a corner and this is where the juicy part begins!

Heres a Pic of what things looked like:

untitled.jpg

Meantime I'm just driving toward the corner listening to music, I turned my turn signal on and started to turn left, not knowing what he is about to do...

This shows where it all went wrong. I was simply turning right, Nascar Kurt is turning left, Nascar Kurt decided this stop sign was optional, FIRST mistake on his part. He then decided to bank the turn at 30 miles per hour, SECOND mistake on his part. Following these two mistakes he moved onto the next one which was banking a turn at 30 miles per hour WHILE looking at a car for sale across the road(at least this is what he said he was looking at).

untitled2.jpg

At this point im freaking out with a car headed straight at me and the driver looking away from the road. My reaction was to hit the brake. I hit the brake and skidded roughly 10ft or so before colliding with Nascar Kurt.

Here are the results (this is after we bent a lot of it back btw):

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Luckily i got away with only this and a sore back:

IMG_0340.jpg

Insurance wise I have PLPD so I get nothing for my car. I didn't get a ticket because I didn't to anything wrong. He lied to the cop and said he slowed down at the stop sign and didnt see me. He got off with only Failing to Yield the right away (He should have gotten this, running a stop sign, and reckless driving). He told me after we got out of the cars that it was fine for him cuz he has another car and this 1999 Camaro he just totaled is just his beater and he has a new truck at home.

O and I forgot to mention, I finally got both amps in a couple of weeks ago but I NEVER got to bassrace this car which is what I build it for. I never even got it on the TL with both 20.1's (easily over 150, but beyond that I have no clue exactly how much over).

FML

I hate to ask of you but if someone is interested in some of my equipment id be glad to sell some of it so i can purchase a car or if you aren't interested in any of it then a donation would be extremely appreciated. Im looking to buy a CRX or 93 Dodge caravan(caravans are hard to find tho because cash for clunkers got rid of them all). Im hoping to purchase one of these in the next few weeks so if you have one and your looking to sell then PM me.

Last thing, BTW, that 32oz pop I had is now covering the interior.

Very ghey, **** that kid
Yea, and technically I could sue him, but im just not that type of person to sue another person no matter how mad I am at him. But the worst part is that i never got to meter it and i put SOOO much time into it.

OP, I feel bad for you and I dont say this to kick you while you are down, but what is wrong with you? You just let some idiot destroy your car, and get away with it. Honestly, I blame you here. You cant expect/assume people to be honest in that type of situation, you have to cover your ass yourself. You should have told the cop what really happened. I bet the other driver is laughing his ass off at what a naive guy he ran into (literally), and here you are not even considering suing him to pay for what he's responsible to fix.

The fact you are getting nothing due to you having crappy insurance, is only because you didnt tell the cop the true story and the other driver didnt even get a ticket. If you had told the truth and he got a ticket, you would be dealing with HIS insurance company paying for your car, not your insurance company. hell, with all his other nice cars, Im betting he had decent insurance too. If someone ran into me through their own stupidity, Id be on them legally like stink on **** (actually has happened, and I was). If he ran into me through his own stupidity, and then was so self centered as to brag to me this is no big deal because its his beater car, Id be going ape ****.

The dude fuct you hard core. Call the cop from the scene asap, tell him what's up, ask if there's anything you can do to protect yourself legally at this point.

OP, I feel bad for you and I dont say this to kick you while you are down, but what is wrong with you? You just let some idiot destroy your car, and get away with it. Honestly, I blame you here. You cant expect/assume people to be honest in that type of situation, you have to cover your ass yourself. You should have told the cop what really happened. I bet the other driver is laughing his ass off at what a naive guy he ran into (literally), and here you are not even considering suing him to pay for what he's responsible to fix.
The fact you are getting nothing due to you having crappy insurance, is only because you didnt tell the cop the true story and the other driver didnt even get a ticket. If you had told the truth and he got a ticket, you would be dealing with HIS insurance company paying for your car, not your insurance company. hell, with all his other nice cars, Im betting he had decent insurance too. If someone ran into me through their own stupidity, Id be on them legally like stink on **** (actually has happened, and I was). If he ran into me through his own stupidity, and then was so self centered as to brag to me this is no big deal because its his beater car, Id be going ape ****.

The dude fuct you hard core. Call the cop from the scene asap, tell him what's up, ask if there's anything you can do to protect yourself legally at this point.
He actually did get a ticket. Maybe you missed that part or st. But he got off easy for sure. Ik if i sue him in small claims court i can get 1500 from him and an additional 500 from his insurance company. Which would pay for the CRX. The issue is that the guy who hit me is a cashier at my workplace

He actually did get a ticket. Maybe you missed that part or st. But he got off easy for sure. Ik if i sue him in small claims court i can get 1500 from him and an additional 500 from his insurance company. Which would pay for the CRX. The issue is that the guy who hit me is a cashier at my workplace
So? Beat his ass for his own stupidity @ not paying attention to the road lol. If someone hit my car...and its their fault...you bet your ass im getting that **** payed for. Regardless of my lame insurance or not.

You poured hard work and love into that system and now some guy just took all of that away without giving YOU anything. If you know the guy then go talk to him and tell him that if you don't get some sort of compensation then you're going to file a claim against him.

I keep a camera in my car for this exact reason.

I don't understand what you're talking about. Your car got totalled, you lost money, cop clearly knew who's fault was it, and you're "complaining" that you won't get any back ? Did you get hit on the head while in the accident ? Do you throw money away like that every day ? wake up, get your money back, and don't be scared...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.