A small "going active" build.

nice man, how does it sound!?
compared to running the mb quart and passives:

The tweeters sound a lot more balanced, not as fatuiging, just all around better. the mid bass, i was able to turn down a bit on the higher mid around 200hz which helped because it peaked around there.

Overall, its louder, clearer, and the sub gets lower.

looks great dude! i wana hear it.... need any help on the install? lol. im bored today
where are you located? Only thing i have planned is painting the box black ha. I'm going out to try my ID8 right now, a bit of testing. Also thinking about pre-ordering the sa8, i would have to cut out a hole and add fiberglass in oder to get 1" more of mounting depth.

Gotta love single cab builds. I managed to fit 3ft^3 NET at 35hz for two 10's behind my seat lol.
Downsized to .6ft^3 NET at 32hz for 1 8"

Should be interesting on the difference of them.
I'm sure it won't be as loud, personally i would run 1 10, If i could i would. I think it would put less stress on the sub from running one 8. I'm sure it ill still dound goo though.

tried both and ended up using the E8:

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

where are you located? Only thing i have planned is painting the box black ha. I'm going out to try my ID8 right now, a bit of testing. Also thinking about pre-ordering the sa8, i would have to cut out a hole and add fiberglass in oder to get 1" more of mounting depth.
Can you fit a baffle on the front? It'd make it alot easier if you have the room.

Can you fit a baffle on the front? It'd make it alot easier if you have the room.
nope, the seat almost hits the sub the way it is. My way should work, if not i would need to make a slanted box in order to make it fit better.

Modifying the box to get 3/4" more of mounting depth:

DSC01259.jpg

Ascendant Audio Assassin 8 next to the E8:

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

First coat of resin:

DSC01267.jpg

Nice man didnt know you was in ontario //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess we both drive a nice way to tuans meetin while back haha nice build tho.

Nice man didnt know you was in ontario //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess we both drive a nice way to tuans meetin while back haha nice build tho.
yup im up here. thanks, wont be as loud as your lol.

I actually drive to irvine almost everyday for work im used to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.