A quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

grant862
10+ year member

i want to run an indash lcd screen next to my Alpine Headunit. Can i simply power the LCD monitor by splicing the red wire that is the power wire for the headunit in the headunits wiring harness and connecting it to the LCD monitor's red power wire in its wiring harness?

Is this possible to run a Headunit and a indash LCD monitor at the same time off the 1 red power wire that is designed to power the Headunit

Thanks

Im guessing that may want to overpower the circuit. Reguardless you should have that circuit fuse and it'll blow if it does. But i wouldnt suggest it. Check your fuse box you should have another circuit thats available for easy taking of the power. if its possible to just fuse it there good otherwise just grab an inline fuse and use that. But i think those lcds take a lil but o power especially if your runnin an HU on that too with speakers connected to it.

Hu's have a max current draw of 10 amps, LCD monitors have a max current draw of 3 amps, if the the HU fuse in the fusebox is rated for 15 to 20 amps you should be able to splice the constant and switched power with no proplems.

I have done it myself a couple times with no problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.