A question about the KDC-X993

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ceezer
10+ year member

Will this unit power an external drive and, if so, how large of a drive can it handle?

I tried searching but found no results that answered my question, and it's not really covered in the manual, either. The manual does mention that it will charge USB devices, so I'm assuming it will power one, but I don't want to stress the system with an oversized drive.

Thank you

it will do but you have to find the one that takes 1amp

i had one and it worked fine in the summer.

why odnt you buy a thumbdrive

you can only use about 32gb of space anyway unless you plan to fill it up with WAV files

theres a limit to how many folders and files you can have there

you can only use about 32gb of space anyway unless you plan to fill it up with WAV files
theres a limit to how many folders and files you can have there
Ah, I didn't see that. Is 32GB a hard limit, or is that based on the number of files supported and their estimated size?

I looked into 32GB thumb drives but heard many of them were having compatibility issues, so I picked up a couple 16GB drives instead. Guess I'll have to make due with them. It's hard to remember what is on which one, so maybe I'll reformat them and load the stuff alphabetically.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.