A little off road "adventure"...

Participant count
  • Participant list

ejschultz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
...on my way home from work today. I figured I'd stop and get a couple of poser pics.

659678a8.jpg

21e0fa84.jpg

IRO springs - 4.25" up front, 4.5" out back, full set of IRO fixed control arms, IRO adjustable trackbars, JKS Quicker Discos (disco'ed in these pics), Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks, and slightly larger than stock 29" tires (31s to come). The Jeep also has a Tenneco HD steering stabilizer, JKS barpin eliminators, some visual mods, and lots of stickers to add lots of extra off road traction (Hey, if it gives ricers HP, it'll give me traction, right?).

From what I've heard, you'll have a factory like ride with about 2" of lift. OME springs are pretty top notch. I'm riding like a dump truck, more or less. I'm going to blame the short arms, springs, and shocks for that one. I would have went with Blisteins, but they're notoriously shorter than most shocks, limiting flex. Most "good riding" shocks are a little shorter. I can't complain though. I knew that going to a little over 4" on short arms would do that. my front lowers meet the unibody at almost a 45 degree angle. The body is taking a lot of the impact from bumps rather than the suspension. My next step, a few years down the road, is going to be front long arms. It's not as crucial to get long arms in the rear, but I may eventually upgrade there as well. I'll probably look into IRO for the front long arms and Clayton for the rears. It seems to be the best mix out there. IRO is pretty unbeatable on their front LAs and the Claytons get great reviews for ZJs. The flex I had there was pretty much my maximum with my front discoed. I really need to break in my springs. I've had them on there for about 2 months but I've mostly driven on paved surfaces with my swaybar connected. This last week with the nicer weather, I've had it out on trails pretty much every day for the last 5 or 6 days. I've also been driving with my front swaybar disconnected in hopes of breaking in my front springs for a little more flex. My buddy with stock arms and a BB with V8 and towing springs on his I6/non tow package ZJ, gets the same flex I get.

Shits weak son.

Purple truck at 0:15, 1:00, and 2:17....Purple Passion truck in the super-mod class...C&C Garage from Jonesville, La. With their stock-class truck (Pimp Passion)AMRA stock-class 2005 and 2006 over all points champs.

My little brother was the co-pilot in that wreck. The SkyJacker AK-47 truck clipped their rear end and pushed them into the wall. They where smooth beating the hell out of the $200,000 Skyjacker AK-74 truck, but they clipped Purple Passion's rear end and put em into the wall.

Totalled the truck, the front door from Purple Passion is sitting about 20ft from me right now (visiting my brother).

U-track mud racing is SICK.

Needs some bushwackers!!!! And 33s
Eh, 33s on stock axles... The D30 would hate me. The 44A would handle them though. 3.73s might not like them too much either. And bushwhackers are definitely cool, but they're pricey and Indiana doesn't have laws about having your wheels covered by fenders. When I go bigger with the tires, I'm not going to worry about them sticking out if I add spacers or get wheels with less backspacing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.