A little advice please..

Participant count
  • Participant list

jesse977
10+ year member

First off this is my first post here..I just bought a Pioneer DEH 7700 head unit. Whats the best way to hook up a new ipod 60G to it?? I bought the cdib100 pioneer adapter. I heard the adapter is total crap. Is there an alternative to the cdib100? It cost me $120 and I can still return it to best buys. I just want some advice before I install my HU and the cdib100. If I have to I'll take it back. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

First off this is my first post here..I just bought a Pioneer DEH 7700 head unit. Whats the best way to hook up a new ipod 60G to it?? I bought the cdib100 pioneer adapter. I heard the adapter is total crap. Is there an alternative to the cdib100? It cost me $120 and I can still return it to best buys. I just want some advice before I install my HU and the cdib100. If I have to I'll take it back. Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Pioneers ipod integration isnt the best, although it does work. Im not sure if anyone elses is that much better though. I personally have a pioneer with the same adapter so Im pretty familiar with it. Simple matter of a couple pros and cons

Pros: ipod info & control through the deck, you can tuck your ipod away out of sight

cons: Very slow to scroll through! once your playing a song you cant "back out" of it and get back to the album title or artist, you have to start all over from letter A. Pretty minor things but they annoy the crap out of me and most people.

Your alternative is to bring back the adaptor and just hook up a set of rca-to- headphone adaptor to the decks aux output (assuming your deck has one) and control everything through the ipod which is nice and fast!

Pioneers ipod integration isnt the best, although it does work. Im not sure if anyone elses is that much better though. I personally have a pioneer with the same adapter so Im pretty familiar with it. Simple matter of a couple pros and consPros: ipod info & control through the deck, you can tuck your ipod away out of sight

cons: Very slow to scroll through! once your playing a song you cant "back out" of it and get back to the album title or artist, you have to start all over from letter A. Pretty minor things but they annoy the crap out of me and most people.

Your alternative is to bring back the adaptor and just hook up a set of rca-to- headphone adaptor to the decks aux output (assuming your deck has one) and control everything through the ipod which is nice and fast!

agreed ^^^^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.