A ? for the best of the best (maybe they won't be of help)

Participant count
  • Participant list

LonewolfDJ

IL
Ok check this out, here is my situation. My equipment is as follows:

One Alpine MRV-1507 amp wired at 1 Ohm on 2 Alpine SWR-1040D subs. The amp is a 1500 watt 2 channel and the subs are 1000 watt max dual voice coil ten inchers. I am running 4 guage power and ground. I am running a MA Audio brand in-dash 7" lcd which outputs to the amp and fronts and rears. I also wired into that a Pioneer DEH-p730 as an auxillary cd player. I added a Sony Playstation 2 and a 700 watt power inverter to power it. I have to problems as follows (custom sounds didn't know what to do to fix it either!):

First, when the pioneer cd player is on and the subs are powered (meaning i leave a fuse in and the amp receives power), the subs go crazy (hit super hard super fast) when the screen opens and closes, the doors open, or the car starts. I have no clue as to why this would happen because it never did it before I added the Pioneer cd player and it has nothing to do with the connection from the screen to the subs. The only difference is that the amp was at 4 ohms before and is now at 1 ohm. This blows fuses quite quickly.

The other problem: When i have the power inverter turned on and the playstation 2 on, i get a constant low frequency humm over the subs which can't be stopped unless you pull out the fuse and disconnect the amp. This only happens when I have the screen turned onto the input for the ps2. The inverter and ps2 can be on and if the screen is on the radio or the cd player, no humming..... Its somewhat loud also.

I'd appreciate any help anybody can give me for this problem. My car is a 1997 mitsu 3000gt. I have no caps as of yet but may be getting some very soon! Lonewolfdj@charter.net. John

Originally posted by LonewolfDJ Ok check this out, here is my situation. My equipment is as follows:

One Alpine MRV-1507 amp wired at 1 Ohm on 2 Alpine SWR-1040D subs. The amp is a 1500 watt 2 channel and the subs are 1000 watt max dual voice coil ten inchers. I am running 4 guage power and ground. I am running a MA Audio brand in-dash 7" lcd which outputs to the amp and fronts and rears. I also wired into that a Pioneer DEH-p730 as an auxillary cd player. I added a Sony Playstation 2 and a 700 watt power inverter to power it. I have to problems as follows (custom sounds didn't know what to do to fix it either!):

First, when the pioneer cd player is on and the subs are powered (meaning i leave a fuse in and the amp receives power), the subs go crazy (hit super hard super fast) when the screen opens and closes, the doors open, or the car starts. I have no clue as to why this would happen because it never did it before I added the Pioneer cd player and it has nothing to do with the connection from the screen to the subs. The only difference is that the amp was at 4 ohms before and is now at 1 ohm. This blows fuses quite quickly.

The other problem: When i have the power inverter turned on and the playstation 2 on, i get a constant low frequency humm over the subs which can't be stopped unless you pull out the fuse and disconnect the amp. This only happens when I have the screen turned onto the input for the ps2. The inverter and ps2 can be on and if the screen is on the radio or the cd player, no humming..... Its somewhat loud also.

I'd appreciate any help anybody can give me for this problem. My car is a 1997 mitsu 3000gt. I have no caps as of yet but may be getting some very soon! Lonewolfdj@charter.net. John
The first problem is tough and could take some thinking about. The second problem could be related to your wire locations. The power inverter is putting a lot of power into the ps2 and if that power wire is run near the RCAs for your amp then it could be causing noise in the line. Try moving the rcas away from the power and tell us what happens.
PS - don't waste your money on caps they are useless unless you desperately need some line stiffening. they will not help your alternator.

thanks for the tip..... i'll move the rca cables away as far as i can but because of the car's small interior, that will not be too easy to get them real far..... is there any kind of filter, a friend was saying something about one.......

I dont think htat amp should be run at 1 ohm , I think 4 ohm bridged is its lowest recc imp load , No wonder it blows fuses ! it will melt soon ! Wire it back to 4 ohm

ok, i have a good friend who is a car audio guru and he insisted that it would hold one ohm.... could that contribute to the constant thumping when the screen opens or the doors open? i have an aftermarket alarm if i didn't mention that too......

Originally posted by LonewolfDJ ok, i have a good friend who is a car audio guru and he insisted that it would hold one ohm.... could that contribute to the constant thumping when the screen opens or the doors open? i have an aftermarket alarm if i didn't mention that too......
I the amp isnt made to run at that ohm load dont do it , Theres good reasons they put that on them ! As for your other probs , I have no idea probably al little to much for online help to figure out , Would have to be seen in all its glory !

Originally posted by LonewolfDJ Ok check this out, here is my situation. My equipment is as follows:

Problem 1, the MRV-1507 is not one ohm stable, the amp is not capable of taking it properly. Return it to a 4 ohm bridged state and it will work flawlessly. It's a really nice piece of equipment, run it the way it was meant to.

Problem 2, the inverter is causing the noise. They are VERY noisy units. Move it away from any amps, positive power cables, RCA lines (the biggie). Move it to the most remote location you can get it. It's your problem there, the only way to eliminate it is to get it away from everything. They are notorious for this issue.

Originally posted by Spddracer I the amp isnt made to run at that ohm load dont do it , Theres good reasons they put that on them ! As for your other probs , I have no idea probably al little to much for online help to figure out , Would have to be seen in all its glory !
Unless Jlaine can answer it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.