A few questions about SQ build.

Heard the hertz hi energy, energy, and entry level series today in a wall. the hi energy sounded awesome and they were only 2 ways powered by a headunit. He is having a wall shipped in from hertz and he is going to have them powered with an amp as well as have some subs in the wall. He may add the audison line up of speakers in there as well but said he is still thinking about it. I am going back in a few weeks to check it out. He seemed to know a lot but never heard of sundown or audioque. He also told me if I were to move the mid and high then i should go active not passive.

I have another question regarding my build that is not really related to sq but I still need to figure out. Will I need two runs of power wire from my battery for an aq1200 and a sundown 125.2? I will be using 1/0 for the run to the aq1200. When I add the sundown could I Just use a distro block at the amps or should I make another run? If I have to make another run I should probably just add another battery in the back instead. Hmmm.

Another question I was having was my rear 6x9's. If I do end up not using rear speakers should I remove them to act as a sort of port for the car to the trunk or leave them in (or does that just make no sense at all and doesnt matter lol)
i've been waiting to hear the answer for this. i can't find anything anywhere.

Hertz Hi Energy has always been very friendly to my ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Hard to not like them.

Their Hi Energy and Mille subwoofers are also quite nice if the price tag doesn't phase you. Nothing wrong with the Fi Q by any means.

Install will be heavily important for response and imaging.

I had a noticeable improvement in sub output by removing my rear speakers.
Thanks, thats good to know. I'll try them with the speakers in first since they are already there and then take them out so I can tell if there is a big difference also.

Hertz Hi Energy has always been very friendly to my ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Hard to not like them.
Their Hi Energy and Mille subwoofers are also quite nice if the price tag doesn't phase you. Nothing wrong with the Fi Q by any means.

Install will be heavily important for response and imaging.
That is exactly why I plan on building my own box. Also, I figured if I try and mess with the imaging and mount the mid and tweet up top I would most likely have to start my way into active and messing around with that. At this point I think I will probably stick to stock location. It should be more than enough at this point and I can always mess around with active later. Just for a quick example, the best system I have had was polk components ran off of a lightning audio amp and a sony xplod 12 in sub in a bandpass box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif...haha, I hate to admit it, but thats what I had. This system will blow that out of the water.

On another note, I was told to go with a 12 sealed. I will be listening to some deadmau5 and dubstep-like music, and a little bit of hiphop as well. Does that sound like a good idea over the 10?

Thank you. Just got a payment on a part I sold so I should be ready to order my sub and amp soon. Already have the wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.