A few Qs regarding box carpeting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Moe Lester
10+ year member

1/3 of TEAM PWNAGE
Houston, TX
Hey guys, im gonna carpet my box today since i got my car and i know what color to get now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What is the best method of attachment, should i use some small nails, glue, or a combonation of both? How would you guys recommend i make the edges all look good, fold the carpet slightly under on each side or what? Thanks.

The way we normally do it is stretch and glue. You can use 3m Super 77 spray adheasive that is something you should be able to get ahold of. start on the sub side laying it in the middle of your carpet. then stretch your carpet around the box. You won't have any seams. Then cut it on the back side and staple it there that way it can't be seen and it doesn't have to loo pretty. Other alternative is use a router and make groves where your seams will end and tuck them.

spray adhesive, 3m 77 or 90, or contact cement if thats not available. don't nail or screw it, most everyone will agree that people like carpeted boxes seamless, with nails or carpet, you'd be able to easily find the seams, plus you'd have to put one every couple of inch or two along the seam to get it where the seam doesn't roll up.

Thanks guys, ive got a pretty good idea of what ill be doin now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.