A few install questions.... HELP ME!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaredturp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
Can I ground to the negative on the battery? (Isn't the battery negative grounded to the chassis?)

Will all remote lines work for any amp? My friend has a factory amp for his speakers and tomorrow we are installing a new one.. and I was wondering if we could just use the same remote and RCA's but re-run the power and ground.

Does anyone know how to get a 4 gauge power wire from the cabin of a Toyota 4Runner into the engine block?

The guy has a 2004 4Runner with the stock JBL system ... and when he got a new HU the install guy made him buy a $150 piece.. cant remember the name of it... it was to maintain the JBL synthesis 5.1 system with an aftermarket HU.... Will this make running the RCA's any more difficult?

Thanks in advance.. This is the first installation that I have done and I want to make sure I do it right.

Can I ground to the negative on the battery? (Isn't the battery negative grounded to the chassis?)
ground the amp as close to the amp as u can use the same size wire as the power wire

Will all remote lines work for any amp? My friend has a factory amp for his speakers and tomorrow we are installing a new one.. and I was wondering if we could just use the same remote and RCA's but re-run the power and ground.

depends on how the factory unit is setup but probably

Does anyone know how to get a 4 gauge power wire from the cabin of a Toyota 4Runner into the engine block?

power goes to the battery not the block drill a hole or find an existing hole like at the steering column if you drill use a grommet !!!

The guy has a 2004 4Runner with the stock JBL system ... and when he got a new HU the install guy made him buy a $150 piece.. cant remember the name of it... it was to maintain the JBL synthesis 5.1 system with an aftermarket HU.... Will this make running the RCA's any more difficult?

Thanks in advance.. This is the first installation that I have done and I want to make sure I do it right.
he got ass raped on the interface lolz

he got ass raped on the interface lolz
Yeah he did... it was actually like $135 that he payed, but still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Also, with the installation of a 4 channel amp in this setup... Can he retain his center channel and his stock sub ?

just run rcas to the deck from the amp same with speaker wires from amp to speakers and use the center channel the way it is now. basically the 150$ interface is keeping his sub and center channel they are a huge waste of money if you do anything other than change decks really

Thank you a ton for your help.. last question.. Is it worth the hassle to rerun speaker wire? I have a ton of 16 gauge and if it is a good idea and not too tedious should I replace the stock wire?

you really dont have to all the way to the speaker you can just tap in at the kicks with fresh wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if you are already replacing speakers then just use all fresh

Can I get yo numba? hahahaha I'm gonna try to do this tomorrow and it would be nice to have a knowledgeable person to call.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.