A couple of pics and vids from Import Face Off at Epping NH New England Dragway

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I figure one amp at .5 will be a big gain. Never saw 150 with the Crown in there, but I don't think I tested after the last port revision and my brother never really came back to spend any time in testing. It sounds great, looks good (except for the doors which we will replace) and he doesn't blow stuff up which I think was all he was after.
Backing up to it should be OK. I just figured you tore out everything after the last show of the year.
Its all still in, i just unhooked ns1 #2 under the cargo tray and am running one at .5 very lightly

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
very lightly
You'd have to with your lack of electrical I think.

Would like to hear it too before we pull things. What numbers do you get with 1 amp at .5?

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
You'd have to with your lack of electrical I think.
Would like to hear it too before we pull things. What numbers do you get with 1 amp at .5?
I was going to test that soon, Ethan did a 52.2 with one at .5 on his two zv3 18s, so thats a good place to aim for. I'm guessing I can do a 52.8-53.2... we shall see.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I was going to test that soon, Ethan did a 52.2 with one at .5 on his two zv3 18s, so thats a good place to aim for. I'm guessing I can do a 52.8-53.2... we shall see.
Did he change up his box? Didn't sound that loud when I sat in it in Louden, but perhaps he was just holding back a bit? Also I think he's goosing the rail voltage on some of those amps to get a bit more power out of them.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
Did he change up his box? Didn't sound that loud when I sat in it in Louden, but perhaps he was just holding back a bit? Also I think he's goosing the rail voltage on some of those amps to get a bit more power out of them.
I'm not sure what his box was like previously, I only saw it briefly in a video and it looked to be the same. That was about a month ago I think. I don't recall the frequency he peaked at on the run but I'm sure it was a bit lower than mine at least. I would have loved to see if Mike's two XXX6500's and two Solo X 18's in his Focus would beat Ethan's Zv3 18's and NS1, but it never came to fruition as Mike had amp problemos.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I'm not sure what his box was like previously, I only saw it briefly in a video and it looked to be the same. That was about a month ago I think. I don't recall the frequency he peaked at on the run but I'm sure it was a bit lower than mine at least. I would have loved to see if Mike's two XXX6500's and two Solo X 18's in his Focus would beat Ethan's Zv3 18's and NS1, but it never came to fruition as Mike had amp problemos.
Mike should just change his name to "amp problems".... poor guy.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
Mike should just change his name to "amp problems".... poor guy.
We tried prying him pretty hard to run one amp @ .5 but he refused. I mean, come on... run the **** thing at the last show of the year at whatever it takes to do a **** number! He has an XS Power 15k lithium as well to back up any power needs he has, he offered it to me but I didnt have time nor space to do it on the spot. I want to back the van up to it as well and burp one amp on both subs, or two amps @ 1 ohm on both subs... he has all the right gear to no wall huge #'s but it just hasnt worked out. I wouldnt mind a crack at building something for his Focus, if he was interested. It would be two X 18's firing forward, one single 12" aero external out the back, and I'm guessing 54's all day.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
We tried prying him pretty hard to run one amp @ .5 but he refused. I mean, come on... run the **** thing at the last show of the year at whatever it takes to do a **** number! He has an XS Power 15k lithium as well to back up any power needs he has, he offered it to me but I didnt have time nor space to do it on the spot. I want to back the van up to it as well and burp one amp on both subs, or two amps @ 1 ohm on both subs... he has all the right gear to no wall huge #'s but it just hasnt worked out. I wouldnt mind a crack at building something for his Focus, if he was interested. It would be two X 18's firing forward, one single 12" aero external out the back, and I'm guessing 54's all day.
I told him I'm game to help with a big build. He said he'll be accumulating gear, saving some money then doing a build in the spring.

Papermaker85

Banned
5,000+ posts
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
Those subs were barely moving in your testing. You've got lots to gain in there if you can keep your voltage at 14 or get those 12s in 9-10 cube. Probably a 10th or three to gain if we used a lighter coil either. D1.4 is a lighter coil (if you can still get the power you need from your amps) and the aluminum versions of either coil have always tested louder for me at the expense of some musicality and long-term thermal power handling.

Sort of not so sad I missed the show now. Those horn cars are incredibly obnoxious.

Oh and whenever you get around to bringing those subs back, you reckon you could bring one of those amps + some power/ground cables to do a quick test in the Civic? I'd like to see what it'll do with a modern amp wired to @ 1 ohm, it really seems like we're just not getting the power out of that Crown in that car based on how warm they don't get. Sounds amazing but I'd like to see a couple more deebs out of it.
lighter coil but yelds less bl.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
I told him I'm game to help with a big build. He said he'll be accumulating gear, saving some money then doing a build in the spring.
Yeah ill be curious how much of his new gear he ends up fitting in the Focus, or whatever he goes with next yr. Its got potential to hang with you guys while im left a few db back in no wall haha

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Yeah ill be curious how much of his new gear he ends up fitting in the Focus, or whatever he goes with next yr. Its got potential to hang with you guys while im left a few db back in no wall haha
I'm sure 2 18s is all we can do in that vehicle and that'll be tight, and even with lithium you'll be stretching the suspension pretty hard with just wood subs and amps. He wants to run everything but IMO you need a van or big SUV to do 4 18s right.

Also I think Tracy Johnson took no-wall at finals with 155.3. Shame we hadn't planned this out better, that could have been exciting.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
I'm sure 2 18s is all we can do in that vehicle and that'll be tight, and even with lithium you'll be stretching the suspension pretty hard with just wood subs and amps. He wants to run everything but IMO you need a van or big SUV to do 4 18s right.
Also I think Tracy Johnson took no-wall at finals with 155.3. Shame we hadn't planned this out better, that could have been exciting.
If he didnt blow his subs he would have been at IFO and then he would have had me by a better 1st run since I did a 54.8. Before it all comes out im testing with the front seats out, probably have a few more tenths in it that way. Then we will be talking about ways to get to a 56......

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
If he didnt blow his subs he would have been at IFO and then he would have had me by a better 1st run since I did a 54.8. Before it all comes out im testing with the front seats out, probably have a few more tenths in it that way. Then we will be talking about ways to get to a 56......
My c-pillar lost with seats out. Send me numbers whenever you get to test.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
My c-pillar lost with seats out. Send me numbers whenever you get to test.
will do, maybe i can borrow mike's lithium or finance one from theamplab lol... i would love to find out what a decent voltage run would yield for a number.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
will do, maybe i can borrow mike's lithium or finance one from theamplab lol... i would love to find out what a decent voltage run would yield for a number.
If you had some extra power cable and a couple distro blocks you could probably back up to my Jeep and jump into my battery bank. Probably wouldn't be optimum without a lot of cable, but should give you a bit more reserve.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
If you had some extra power cable and a couple distro blocks you could probably back up to my Jeep and jump into my battery bank. Probably wouldn't be optimum without a lot of cable, but should give you a bit more reserve.
Thats a possibility. We could also test your wall with my ns1s, too. All kinds of testing possible...

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
I need to donate a testicle or kidney or lung or something and pick up Dave L's sig motors... haha

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I need to donate a testicle or kidney or lung or something and pick up Dave L's sig motors... haha
You'd still need to build them up, but 200 a pop is pretty fair.

Speaking of which any bites on that 15 I left with you? Wish you had a box to test it to show people. It will be really nice for someone who isn't running loads of power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds