Northeast Region A couple of pics and vids from Import Face Off at Epping NH New England Dragway

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participants list
I did a 55.3 with the headrests off the front seats and my mid rows completely out. Im going to test with pass seat out and see if a 56 is in it. Ive already tied my personal best number from my crx with the mini van at 155.3, time for more...Jon/hispls was nice enough to let me use his three shocker sig based 12s, with the exact same soft parts as my tc9s that I ran in the crx on the same power.

Here are some pix of my tc9s vs the shocker sigs
Those subs were barely moving in your testing. You've got lots to gain in there if you can keep your voltage at 14 or get those 12s in 9-10 cube. Probably a 10th or three to gain if we used a lighter coil either. D1.4 is a lighter coil (if you can still get the power you need from your amps) and the aluminum versions of either coil have always tested louder for me at the expense of some musicality and long-term thermal power handling.

Thats too bad, it ended up being pretty nice out. Those damned chucheros were blasting unbelievable amounts of air pollution around us, too... i hate those things.
Sort of not so sad I missed the show now. Those horn cars are incredibly obnoxious.

Oh and whenever you get around to bringing those subs back, you reckon you could bring one of those amps + some power/ground cables to do a quick test in the Civic? I'd like to see what it'll do with a modern amp wired to @ 1 ohm, it really seems like we're just not getting the power out of that Crown in that car based on how warm they don't get. Sounds amazing but I'd like to see a couple more deebs out of it.

[quote name='hispls']I don't recall seeing anything besides fartbox in his REX. Also whatever answer you get I think he likes higher tuning than many folks here so factor that in.[/QUOTE]

@hispls , was reffering to @Dudego in his other post/thread looking for a car and CRX happened to be at top of his list. Perfect opportiunity to ask a CRX owner about daily audio inside.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@hispls , was reffering to @Dudego in his other post/thread looking for a car and CRX happened to be at top of his list. Perfect opportiunity to ask a CRX owner about daily audio inside.[/QUOTE]

I caught that thread, but all things considered REX is just so limited for space and weight capacity I'd take just about anything else for getting loud daily, but for 3 second non wall they're only matched by Yugo or Panda. I suppose if you were going low enough power to not need a lot of batteries or had Lithium budget that might change that a little, but still, they're small.

In light of the evidence, that soccer-mom-mobile doing 155.3 with 3 12s seems to be a great car to get loud in and you actually have plenty of room for big box and lots of batteries and amps.

I think there is tons more in my van, i dont think a 55 is bad for about 2 weeks of testing, but there is more in it.

We can back the van up to the civic and run some tests through it if you want. One amp, two amps, whatever. I dont drop tooooooo bad with both amps at 1 or one at .5 but two at .25 for burps really was not healthy... i need about 80ah worth of lithium and a ho alt up front to not be concerned. Wonder how much will be gained going from the crown to ns1, if any. Do you recall what it did on the TL? 50, 51ish?

I think there is tons more in my van, i dont think a 55 is bad for about 2 weeks of testing, but there is more in it. We can back the van up to the civic and run some tests through it if you want. One amp, two amps, whatever. I dont drop tooooooo bad with both amps at 1 or one at .5 but two at .25 for burps really was not healthy... i need about 80ah worth of lithium and a ho alt up front to not be concerned. Wonder how much will be gained going from the crown to ns1, if any. Do you recall what it did on the TL? 50, 51ish?
I figure one amp at .5 will be a big gain. Never saw 150 with the Crown in there, but I don't think I tested after the last port revision and my brother never really came back to spend any time in testing. It sounds great, looks good (except for the doors which we will replace) and he doesn't blow stuff up which I think was all he was after.

Backing up to it should be OK. I just figured you tore out everything after the last show of the year.

I figure one amp at .5 will be a big gain. Never saw 150 with the Crown in there, but I don't think I tested after the last port revision and my brother never really came back to spend any time in testing. It sounds great, looks good (except for the doors which we will replace) and he doesn't blow stuff up which I think was all he was after.
Backing up to it should be OK. I just figured you tore out everything after the last show of the year.
Its all still in, i just unhooked ns1 #2 under the cargo tray and am running one at .5 very lightly

You'd have to with your lack of electrical I think.
Would like to hear it too before we pull things. What numbers do you get with 1 amp at .5?
I was going to test that soon, Ethan did a 52.2 with one at .5 on his two zv3 18s, so thats a good place to aim for. I'm guessing I can do a 52.8-53.2... we shall see.

I was going to test that soon, Ethan did a 52.2 with one at .5 on his two zv3 18s, so thats a good place to aim for. I'm guessing I can do a 52.8-53.2... we shall see.
Did he change up his box? Didn't sound that loud when I sat in it in Louden, but perhaps he was just holding back a bit? Also I think he's goosing the rail voltage on some of those amps to get a bit more power out of them.

Did he change up his box? Didn't sound that loud when I sat in it in Louden, but perhaps he was just holding back a bit? Also I think he's goosing the rail voltage on some of those amps to get a bit more power out of them.
I'm not sure what his box was like previously, I only saw it briefly in a video and it looked to be the same. That was about a month ago I think. I don't recall the frequency he peaked at on the run but I'm sure it was a bit lower than mine at least. I would have loved to see if Mike's two XXX6500's and two Solo X 18's in his Focus would beat Ethan's Zv3 18's and NS1, but it never came to fruition as Mike had amp problemos.

I'm not sure what his box was like previously, I only saw it briefly in a video and it looked to be the same. That was about a month ago I think. I don't recall the frequency he peaked at on the run but I'm sure it was a bit lower than mine at least. I would have loved to see if Mike's two XXX6500's and two Solo X 18's in his Focus would beat Ethan's Zv3 18's and NS1, but it never came to fruition as Mike had amp problemos.
Mike should just change his name to "amp problems".... poor guy.

Mike should just change his name to "amp problems".... poor guy.
We tried prying him pretty hard to run one amp @ .5 but he refused. I mean, come on... run the **** thing at the last show of the year at whatever it takes to do a **** number! He has an XS Power 15k lithium as well to back up any power needs he has, he offered it to me but I didnt have time nor space to do it on the spot. I want to back the van up to it as well and burp one amp on both subs, or two amps @ 1 ohm on both subs... he has all the right gear to no wall huge #'s but it just hasnt worked out. I wouldnt mind a crack at building something for his Focus, if he was interested. It would be two X 18's firing forward, one single 12" aero external out the back, and I'm guessing 54's all day.

We tried prying him pretty hard to run one amp @ .5 but he refused. I mean, come on... run the **** thing at the last show of the year at whatever it takes to do a **** number! He has an XS Power 15k lithium as well to back up any power needs he has, he offered it to me but I didnt have time nor space to do it on the spot. I want to back the van up to it as well and burp one amp on both subs, or two amps @ 1 ohm on both subs... he has all the right gear to no wall huge #'s but it just hasnt worked out. I wouldnt mind a crack at building something for his Focus, if he was interested. It would be two X 18's firing forward, one single 12" aero external out the back, and I'm guessing 54's all day.
I told him I'm game to help with a big build. He said he'll be accumulating gear, saving some money then doing a build in the spring.

Those subs were barely moving in your testing. You've got lots to gain in there if you can keep your voltage at 14 or get those 12s in 9-10 cube. Probably a 10th or three to gain if we used a lighter coil either. D1.4 is a lighter coil (if you can still get the power you need from your amps) and the aluminum versions of either coil have always tested louder for me at the expense of some musicality and long-term thermal power handling.

Sort of not so sad I missed the show now. Those horn cars are incredibly obnoxious.

Oh and whenever you get around to bringing those subs back, you reckon you could bring one of those amps + some power/ground cables to do a quick test in the Civic? I'd like to see what it'll do with a modern amp wired to @ 1 ohm, it really seems like we're just not getting the power out of that Crown in that car based on how warm they don't get. Sounds amazing but I'd like to see a couple more deebs out of it.
lighter coil but yelds less bl.

I told him I'm game to help with a big build. He said he'll be accumulating gear, saving some money then doing a build in the spring.
Yeah ill be curious how much of his new gear he ends up fitting in the Focus, or whatever he goes with next yr. Its got potential to hang with you guys while im left a few db back in no wall haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.