A couple of pics and vids from Import Face Off at Epping NH New England Dragway

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
NADBL put on a great show, started off wet and crappy but it turned out really nice weather-wise!

Ethan's from TheAmpLab's reaction from my no wall score out of the mini van...

Windshield cracked more and more after each of my SPL and Bass Brawlin' runs...

Mike and I a$$ to a$$ haha

Some shots facing the IFO crowd, and the dragway

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nathan's new wall score... it's the one just like your brothers, hispls

His sister doing the easy work on the roof

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
Mikes two Solo X 18s and two 12in BAPs i snagged from fb...

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
What did Mike put up for numbers? How much power on the 3 12's wall?
Mike had amp issues and didnt want to run. Nate has two Nendo 3500s on those three zv5 12s

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Would you recommend a CRX for a daily ground pounder or are they good for burp only?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Would you recommend a CRX for a daily ground pounder or are they good for burp only?
I don't recall seeing anything besides fartbox in his REX. Also whatever answer you get I think he likes higher tuning than many folks here so factor that in.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
I don't recall seeing anything besides fartbox in his REX. Also whatever answer you get I think he likes higher tuning than many folks here so factor that in.
CRXs can get pretty loud down low, I had a gen1 that peaked at 43hz but for the most part I played between 59-61hz for burps.

My van peaks upper 40s and I like that somewhat. If it were tuned 3 or 4 hz lower Id probably be happier for daily but thats what this sig 15 is for that hispls hooked me up with. Hoping to get a box for it for the winter.

Id love to discuss the six 12 option, though, Jon...

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
CRXs can get pretty loud down low, I had a gen1 that peaked at 43hz but for the most part I played between 59-61hz for burps. My van peaks upper 40s and I like that somewhat. If it were tuned 3 or 4 hz lower Id probably be happier for daily but thats what this sig 15 is for that hispls hooked me up with. Hoping to get a box for it for the winter.

Id love to discuss the six 12 option, though, Jon...
Ask Ethan if he can get us Zv2 spiders and cones. And yeah, throw that 15 in 5 cube box tuned about anywhere should be good. Bet if you tune high you can get 147-48 off of those two little Kicker amps.

Darth_Immitis

CarAudio.com Elite
Aug 23, 2017
Massachusetts
The kid with the maroon Jimmy is the one that built my box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Papermaker85

Banned
5,000+ posts
Dec 15, 2006
New orleans LA
154 is a good score man! that car is about as good as it gets for competing.. probably would do a similar number walled..

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
The kid with the maroon Jimmy is the one that built my box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Eric taylor?

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
154 is a good score man! that car is about as good as it gets for competing.. probably would do a similar number walled..
I did a 55.3 with the headrests off the front seats and my mid rows completely out. Im going to test with pass seat out and see if a 56 is in it. Ive already tied my personal best number from my crx with the mini van at 155.3, time for more...

Jon/hispls was nice enough to let me use his three shocker sig based 12s, with the exact same soft parts as my tc9s that I ran in the crx on the same power.

Here are some pix of my tc9s vs the shocker sigs

Darth_Immitis

CarAudio.com Elite
Aug 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Eric taylor?
Yeah buddy! He lives like two streets down from me. I was supposed to go up there with him but I couldn't get the day off from work, I'm so pissed I couldn't go -__-

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
Yeah buddy! He lives like two streets down from me. I was supposed to go up there with him but I couldn't get the day off from work, I'm so pissed I couldn't go -__-
Thats too bad, it ended up being pretty nice out. Those damned chucheros were blasting unbelievable amounts of air pollution around us, too... i hate those things.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I did a 55.3 with the headrests off the front seats and my mid rows completely out. Im going to test with pass seat out and see if a 56 is in it. Ive already tied my personal best number from my crx with the mini van at 155.3, time for more...Jon/hispls was nice enough to let me use his three shocker sig based 12s, with the exact same soft parts as my tc9s that I ran in the crx on the same power.

Here are some pix of my tc9s vs the shocker sigs
Those subs were barely moving in your testing. You've got lots to gain in there if you can keep your voltage at 14 or get those 12s in 9-10 cube. Probably a 10th or three to gain if we used a lighter coil either. D1.4 is a lighter coil (if you can still get the power you need from your amps) and the aluminum versions of either coil have always tested louder for me at the expense of some musicality and long-term thermal power handling.

Thats too bad, it ended up being pretty nice out. Those damned chucheros were blasting unbelievable amounts of air pollution around us, too... i hate those things.
Sort of not so sad I missed the show now. Those horn cars are incredibly obnoxious.

Oh and whenever you get around to bringing those subs back, you reckon you could bring one of those amps + some power/ground cables to do a quick test in the Civic? I'd like to see what it'll do with a modern amp wired to @ 1 ohm, it really seems like we're just not getting the power out of that Crown in that car based on how warm they don't get. Sounds amazing but I'd like to see a couple more deebs out of it.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
[quote name='hispls']I don't recall seeing anything besides fartbox in his REX. Also whatever answer you get I think he likes higher tuning than many folks here so factor that in.[/QUOTE]

@hispls , was reffering to @Dudego in his other post/thread looking for a car and CRX happened to be at top of his list. Perfect opportiunity to ask a CRX owner about daily audio inside.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@hispls , was reffering to @Dudego in his other post/thread looking for a car and CRX happened to be at top of his list. Perfect opportiunity to ask a CRX owner about daily audio inside.[/QUOTE]

I caught that thread, but all things considered REX is just so limited for space and weight capacity I'd take just about anything else for getting loud daily, but for 3 second non wall they're only matched by Yugo or Panda. I suppose if you were going low enough power to not need a lot of batteries or had Lithium budget that might change that a little, but still, they're small.

In light of the evidence, that soccer-mom-mobile doing 155.3 with 3 12s seems to be a great car to get loud in and you actually have plenty of room for big box and lots of batteries and amps.

CRXBMPN

Moe Bass
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 22, 2004
Maine
I think there is tons more in my van, i dont think a 55 is bad for about 2 weeks of testing, but there is more in it.

We can back the van up to the civic and run some tests through it if you want. One amp, two amps, whatever. I dont drop tooooooo bad with both amps at 1 or one at .5 but two at .25 for burps really was not healthy... i need about 80ah worth of lithium and a ho alt up front to not be concerned. Wonder how much will be gained going from the crown to ns1, if any. Do you recall what it did on the TL? 50, 51ish?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I think there is tons more in my van, i dont think a 55 is bad for about 2 weeks of testing, but there is more in it. We can back the van up to the civic and run some tests through it if you want. One amp, two amps, whatever. I dont drop tooooooo bad with both amps at 1 or one at .5 but two at .25 for burps really was not healthy... i need about 80ah worth of lithium and a ho alt up front to not be concerned. Wonder how much will be gained going from the crown to ns1, if any. Do you recall what it did on the TL? 50, 51ish?
I figure one amp at .5 will be a big gain. Never saw 150 with the Crown in there, but I don't think I tested after the last port revision and my brother never really came back to spend any time in testing. It sounds great, looks good (except for the doors which we will replace) and he doesn't blow stuff up which I think was all he was after.

Backing up to it should be OK. I just figured you tore out everything after the last show of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds