A$$ Contest (for subwoofers that is)

v1 obsidian

solo x 12

and 15" rf hx2.

whew, thats all that's kicking around my house. I've got a bunch more at my storage unit ill grab pics next time im there (including my worx neos)

sorry, many aren't remarkable, but I like posting pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hope some of ya enjoyed!

sire. give me a bit. lots of pics to see

re s old stuff was amazing. I know everybody has a boner for the old xxxs, and I get it, but I never cared for them, too steep a freq. roll off (although if your mids play low, not a big issue!) the hc's were my absolute favorite all around, with the mts being a VERY close second (mts are louder, no doubt, but the hcs are an amazing all around woofer, very nice sounding, reasonably efficient, and loud! I had 2 se s and I really disliked them. ive got an sx 10 around here, but ive never heard it.

I still kick myself for selling my re8s!
Yea those xxx's are the ones id really like to try but im not to keen on the technical part of statistics for subs so thats probably gonna be my down fall in buying subs later on lol i hope the HDS310s sound good but if i do go with 1 18" or 2 15s i was thinking re or sa

Yea those xxx's are the ones id really like to try but im not to keen on the technical part of statistics for subs so thats probably gonna be my down fall in buying subs later on lol i hope the HDS310s sound good but if i do go with 1 18" or 2 15s i was thinking re or sa
Xxxs are great sounding woofers to about 50-60hz. Above that it falls on its face. I personally crossover at 80hz, so they don't work for me.

Dang bro you could open a shop up with all those lol very nice collection
You should see the amps and CD players.

lol you're an equipment hog and what the eff, a crash and a sub was just thrown out into your yard? does the extreme amount of subs you're stockpiling have enough magnetic force to cause crashes and pull subs out towards your house?

lol you're an equipment hog and what the eff, a crash and a sub was just thrown out into your yard? does the extreme amount of subs you're stockpiling have enough magnetic force to cause crashes and pull subs out towards your house?
Some idiot ran the stop sign and got tagged on the rear qtr panel, which popped the trunk, strewing crap everywhere (about 11 pm) police came, arrested the driver of that car (some of the crap that went flying was drug paraphernalia, so I'm assuming that's the reason). Anyhow, the tow truck driver that came to clean it up did a half *** job, we found this speaker and a portable hard drive in the yard the next morning.

Ya, I love older equipment. Nostalgia I guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good question, i was always curious about this too just never asked for some reason lol.

Does that allow it to handle more?
So the structure measures longer than a comparable standard stacked magnet motor structure?
It can handle more power mechanically, because there is more room for the coil to move. Doesn't change thermal power handling at all.

Not sure if it is longer than a triple-stack motor. I'd rather have a triple stack motor than a single lug with extended backplate. Probably something more technical than I can explain, but I don't like the look of them. Reminds me of a moon-lander and there isn't a lot of ferrite.

The only motor I like that looks similar is the Fi SP4, and that's double-stacked.

It can handle more power mechanically, because there is more room for the coil to move. Doesn't change thermal power handling at all.
Not sure if it is longer than a triple-stack motor. I'd rather have a triple stack motor than a single lug with extended backplate. Probably something more technical than I can explain, but I don't like the look of them. Reminds me of a moon-lander and there isn't a lot of ferrite.

The only motor I like that looks similar is the Fi SP4, and that's double-stacked.
Oh ok i dont mind the look of them but i always though a triple stacked looks waaaay sexier lol next subs after this build will be triples maybe lol

I appreciate the info broskie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.