a complete set

Participant count
  • Participant list

grizzjwill
10+ year member

Beatin down the block
nashville,tn
I have a spot in my pathfinder for 2 6x9 and 2 3 1/2. I was looking at the infinity kappa but i cant find a set that comes with that plus the tweeters and the crossovers and it is real expensive to buy everything seperate. Is there a way to change the 6x9 to 6 1/2 and if so how much will that cost and can i find a set with the 2 6 1/2 and the 3 1/2 and the tweeters and crossover. Any help please.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by getting a complete set all in one package...youd have to by each respective set of speakers separately.

Chaning the 6x9s to 6.5's is very easy...get some MDF, and make a template of the 6x9s. Drill out a spot for the 6.5's to rest, mount it to the factory location, and you're done.

As far as Infinity....their speakers come with crossovers.

how would it sound to just buy infinty 6x9's and 3 1/2 and the tweeters and crossover and also i am wanting the infinity kappa so were could i get the 3 1/2 for the cheapest and what would be the first thing i need to buy would it be 6x9 or 3 1/2. Thanks for the help.

You don't have to buy the tweeters and crossovers separately....as far as just getting 6x9s and 3.5's, it would be somewhat decent I guess, if that's all you want. But the 6x9s will distort, and the 3.5s really won't add much....you'd probably want to upgrade the setup in a few weeks.

Cheapest price - ebay or http://www.etronics.com

Originally posted by Gauntlet What amp, and where are each speaker going to be mounted?
Well i dont know what amp that is the next questions i was going to ask and i dont want to spend any more than 200 for the amp and about were they will be mounted the 6 1/2 will be put in the 6x9 spot in behind the front seats and the 3 1/2 in the doors and tweets on the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.