silk vs. titanium

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by buthatsabuick when it comes to tweeters what kind of dome is perfered? and why?
titanium is supposed to be quite ahrsh, meaning that it produces notes in a "sharp" manner, whilst silk or soft domes are supposed to be more soothing.

Originally posted by buthatsabuick when it comes to tweeters what kind of dome is perfered? and why?
Listen to both and see which you like more.

As Jmac stated, most people prefer the silk dome over the titanium dome.

- Steve

a titanium dome has more of a sharp, ear piercing sound, while a silk dome is a softer sound. i preffer titanium over silk, but that is just my personal preference. listen to them both and decide what you like.

Originally posted by ayoung I like silk, also it wont stretch and is very light.
erm, this I don't get...

I've had the feeling that titanium or other metals would be tougher and less prone to stretching than fabric.. unless it's stretching by heat. If stretching is an issue, check out thiel and partner's single diamond piece tweeter. Problem solved. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by paikiah I sometiems prefer the raw power of horn drivers...

those without attenuators seem to mimic the PA horns that I'm more accustomed to...
Now you're talkin' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love my horns...though I got into SQ trying to save my ears, and the horns just cranked away lol. I had them on an Arc Audio 4150CXLR, along with Adire Koda mids...and they screamed - even with an attenuator. So I hooked them up to the power my 7998 supplies and it is now more tolerable:) Mounting them is a pain, however.

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Now you're talkin' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love my horns...though I got into SQ trying to save my ears, and the horns just cranked away lol. I had them on an Arc Audio 4150CXLR, along with Adire Koda mids...and they screamed - even with an attenuator. So I hooked them up to the power my 7998 supplies and it is now more tolerable:) Mounting them is a pain, however.

- Steve
Yup, horns have always fascinated me... would be my first choice, if my budget was without limit. Either horns or planar ribbons. ( I know I'll probably mess up the install, but still...)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.