A/C low pressure PSI ???

Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
Anybody know how much PSI the low pressure valve is suppose to show at normal operating temperature? I'm charging my friends 97 3800 sfi grand prix and i have no clue what the pressure is suppose to be at, right now i have it at 45 PSI and its blowing cold but i think it's suppose to be a little colder... any help is greatly appreciated

Anybody know how much PSI the low pressure valve is suppose to show at normal operating temperature? I'm charging my friends 97 3800 sfi grand prix and i have no clue what the pressure is suppose to be at, right now i have it at 45 PSI and its blowing cold but i think it's suppose to be a little colder... any help is greatly appreciated

thats because its hot out.

PSI doesn't matter to how cold the air gets, that just compression.

Your fine. BTW, let someone who knows wtf they are doing mess with the A/C. One screw up = tragic.

Then don't attempt it, one fvck up in the ac system and its some costly repairs, IMO... don't touch it

One thing you could try is I know on some vehicles there is a screw on the low pressure cut-out switch. By turning that you can change how low the pressure will go. Maybe check that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.