i lose tremendous power when..

Your compressor for your A/C is ******* horsepower out of your motor. This is usually BAD, it could mean the compressor is about to die....

Lies. It is perfectly normal to have some hp loss when you kick on the AC. because of the first reason you said. It doesnt mean your are fixing to lose your compressor, unless its a big big big hp loss.

IE: I can tell a difference, but nothing like having a trailor behind me.

Your compressor for your A/C is ******* horsepower out of your motor. This is usually BAD, it could mean the compressor is about to die....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Can't say that I have ever owned or operated a car that the A/C being on with the compressor being engaged didn't make a power difference.

Every accessory that is driven by a belt from the motor draws power, guy. Your alternator, the A/C compressor, everything...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gifCan't say that I have ever owned or operated a car that the A/C being on with the compressor being engaged didn't make a power difference.

Every accessory that is driven by a belt from the motor draws power, guy. Your alternator, the A/C compressor, everything...
I am saying if it is taking away large amounts of HP then there is a problem with the compressor. We had a pickup truck that this happened to, when you turned the A/C it was like someone put an engine brake in the motor....

Lies. It is perfectly normal to have some hp loss when you kick on the AC. because of the first reason you said. It doesnt mean your are fixing to lose your compressor, unless its a big big big hp loss.

IE: I can tell a difference, but nothing like having a trailor behind me.
Obviously it takes away some, but he said it makes it feel like he is pulling a trailor, which means it's taking away more than it should.

If your compressor is starting to lock up, which they can, then it could take away that much HP from the motor. Which means there is a PROBLEM!!!!

Yep, and some cars can't handle the extral load lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I had a subaru back in the early 90's, I'd have to turn the A/C off to get going from a stop, and up hills.

Yep, and some cars can't handle the extral load lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I had a subaru back in the early 90's, I'd have to turn the A/C off to get going from a stop, and up hills.
yeah i pretty much have to do that too so the driver behind me doesnt get pissed for me going so slow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.