a battery that keeps going dead???

jlaudioman
10+ year member

Hey guys, I have a quick question here.......I am having a problem with a battery that keeps going dead. I have a pioneer diskchanger hooked up and i think that is what's causing the problem. The battery goes dead when the car sits (parked and turned off) when I'm home for more than 8 hours. Could the remote wire and the memory accessory wire be wired backwards causing the drain? Or the other thing that I think it could be is the battery post terminal......when I charged that battery the last time and was hooking it back up, I noticed that as I was tightening the positive terminal, the light underneath the hood would go off and on. Could the battery dying also be from a bad connection with the battery post? The post is the kind where you screw the terminal in and the put the power ring around another post and then screw that one in on top of the first post. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlaudioman

Originally posted by jlaudioman Hey guys, I have a quick question here.......I am having a problem with a battery that keeps going dead. I have a pioneer diskchanger hooked up and i think that is what's causing the problem. The battery goes dead when the car sits (parked and turned off) when I'm home for more than 8 hours. Could the remote wire and the memory accessory wire be wired backwards causing the drain? Or the other thing that I think it could be is the battery post terminal......when I charged that battery the last time and was hooking it back up, I noticed that as I was tightening the positive terminal, the light underneath the hood would go off and on. Could the battery dying also be from a bad connection with the battery post? The post is the kind where you screw the terminal in and the put the power ring around another post and then screw that one in on top of the first post. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlaudioman
i think if its dieing that soon then there could be a problem with the alternator. if its draining that quickly, have someone look at it. maybe u have a constant sorce drawing form the battery and thats why after 8 hrs they all keep dieing.

well, the light under your hood is prolly a mercury light, so it could just flicker cause they tend to do that, sometimes diodes in an alternator will go bad causing it to draw, when the vehicle is not running. you may have your constant power hooked up properly, but your remote could also be somesort of constant causing the changer to stay on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.