HU that keeps settings w/o battery?

sacklunch

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
I’ve been searching online without luck. I’m curious if anyone knows of a headunit that will keep your settings (Bluetooth, eq, etc.) when battery is disconnected. I’ve had stereos in the past that would keep some settings saved such as Bluetooth but not others like eq. The HU is for a race car that regularly needs battery disconnected.

I’ve been searching online without luck. I’m curious if anyone knows of a headunit that will keep your settings (Bluetooth, eq, etc.) when battery is disconnected. I’ve had stereos in the past that would keep some settings saved such as Bluetooth but not others like eq. The HU is for a race car that regularly needs battery disconnected.
IIRC, those were the pull out and detachable face radios. They had a built-in battery. You can also power the radio by a secondary battery (lawn tractor) that is wired up to a battery isolator.

I have a gadget I purchased on Amazon, that you plug into your power plug that keeps your memory settings. It operates with a 9 volt battery and works good for me. I believe its called a" memory keeper."

My brother in law stopped by yesterday to install a new AGM battery, when he was done putting the batt in, he fired up the stereo to reset everything and all his settings were still set, This was a 2 year old Pioneer Double din.

I'm still stumped never seen that before with any of the double dins.

I have a gadget I purchased on Amazon, that you plug into your power plug that keeps your memory settings. It operates with a 9 volt battery and works good for me. I believe its called a" memory keeper."
I’ve seen those, but they’re a bit too janky and bulky for my liking. Appreciate it!

My brother in law stopped by yesterday to install a new AGM battery, when he was done putting the batt in, he fired up the stereo to reset everything and all his settings were still set, This was a 2 year old Pioneer Double din.

I'm still stumped never seen that before with any of the double dins.
Interesting! Any idea which model it is?

I have moved my current head unit between 4 different cars. Sometimes it would be out of the car for a long time... many days. When I reinstalled it all of my EQ setting were there as well as my phone in the BT section. Some things I had to double check the settings on but for the most part did nothing.

Kenwood eXcelon DMX706s

I'm thinking that my Pioneer DEH-P880PRS does, for a little while. Not for months though. if you can find them, they are not cheap. Just pulled my DEH-80PRS from 3 years ago out and then put it back in, it does keep the settings. But that is just the face plate, mot sure if that is where the info is stored or not. The body is still connected and I suspect that pulling the body prolly kills everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...