99 Honda Accord battery

bmoney9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
hey everyone,

I am currently running us amps 2000xt powering a 13w7 and my lights dim only a little bit. you have to really look to see it dim at night. but it bothers me because i havent added speakers with is going to add another 400 rms..so im looking at 1400 rms on my car..i have stock battery and alternator. i havent done the big 3 with 0 guage wire but plan on doing it asap..i kno this wont stop my dimming because of too many watts. but i kno my battery is going out, i took it to kragen and they told me it was going out..so i was going to add a kinetik HC1800 battery in place of the stock one..tahts the biggest battery i could fit into my compartment. i dont really want to do one battery in frong and one in back..i just want to have one up front that starts and powers my system if thats possible. do you guys have any other recommendations of batteries? i heard stuff about odysey and stinger..but i dont kno how they compare? any help appreciated.

1400 watts a kinetik 1800 should be fine just make sure it can fit without hitting the hood. I have a kinetik 1400 and had 1 sub amp that was rated at 1750 watts with a stock near 20 year old alt in my truck and I was ok. Right now I have had the system in my signature for almost 4 years and my truck never has failed to start due to the battery even in extreme cold weather that lasts well over a month at a time.

I would not mix batteries going under the hood. For the costs of doing and less of a head ache and the power of this system 1 good battery under the hood and call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.