99 civic keyless entry

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrainSick

I just ordered a new cd player for my 99 civic ex, then after doing some research online I found out that Honda decided to run the dome light and keyless entry through the factory radio.

Is there anyway I can install this new cd player without losing my keyless entry and dome light?

You mean that the keyless entry is actually controlled somehow by the factory unit, or that they all run off the same fuse? If they just run off the same fuse than it should be fine, but then again I dont know much about hondas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I remember messing with my friend's Accord and discovering they run a hell of a lot through the OEM stereo. Literally we could turn on lights and the panel display just by touching the constant 12v to some of the other wires(don't ask why we were actually doing this). When her HU got almost stolen (thieves ran off before they could take whole thing) some of the wires were cut and the turn signals didn't work.

Anyway, I am pretty sure you won't have an ill effects if you hook up an after-market HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.