9887 or this!!!

IDK....If I go for a classy looking unit, I think I'd get this one.
3c12_12.JPG

3af2_12.JPG

Link to it..

Manny has that one in his car.

Yes, you could. But, the 9887 has internal processing, which is the only reason to compare the two units.
:confused:What? Why would that be the only reason to compare the two. I don't understand what that statement even means. Not only that, why couldn't they be compared on looks, ease of use or just looking for a certian sound?? I've had systems where the deck was "do it all" deck. Yet, I chose to do everything outboard (eq and crossover) and my system ended up sounding better and MORE flexible because of it. Don't get me wrong I could have ended up with noise because of the extra components in the signal chain. So sometimes less is better. But NOT always.

IDK, but maybe Bikini meant that if you are not going to be using the internal processing capabilities of the 9887 then you should be considering/comparing a lower model Alpine. Waste not, want not. I hope that helps.

IDK, but maybe Bikini meant that if you are not going to be using the internal processing capabilities of the 9887 then you should be considering/comparing a lower model Alpine. Waste not, want not. I hope that helps.
Winnar!

So does it go active? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll get it if it does, but I'm sure it does'nt.

Because the preouts on mine went dead with less than 2 hours of playing time. I'm currently in the process of getting it replaced.
How'd you narrow it down? That still doesn't explain the amp fuse popping.

How'd you narrow it down? That still doesn't explain the amp fuse popping.
How did I narrow what down? The 9887 had no preamp output voltage so it's clearly bad. Regardless of what's going on with the rest of the system, preout circuitry shouldn't go bad, and certainly not on a brand new HU.

I guess when you get the new one we'll know for sure eh?
I think I know why the the main fuse blew. I was reading through the owner's manual for my amp and one of the troubleshooting causes they had listed for blowing fuses was having the amp gain set too high. I had my gain AND the bass boost all the way up. I'm still scratching my head as to what caused the HU's preouts to go bad. My guess is it either had something to do with my having the amp gain so high, or there was something wrong with the HU from the factory. The more I think about the problems I'm having leads me to believe I'm either expecting too much from a single sub, or there's actually a problem with the sub. I should be able to sort things out once I get my replacement HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nbudros

10+ year member
E-THUG
nbudros
DFW, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date