9887 or this!!!

Old school look FTW!

wxz468rmp.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

I actually think it looks kind of cool.

But, every spec site I've seen says it has "4ch preouts". So... does that mean you have only F/R, or F/sub, or...? I'm assuming it means tweet/midrange, but the specs don't say anything about a dedicated sub out so I dunno...

If it will do 3-way active (tweeter, mid, sub) I actually would be willing to try it out, if I were in the position you're in.

I actually think it looks kind of cool.
But, every spec site I've seen says it has "4ch preouts". So... does that mean you have only F/R, or F/sub, or...? I'm assuming it means tweet/midrange, but the specs don't say anything about a dedicated sub out so I dunno...

If it will do 3-way active (tweeter, mid, sub) I actually would be willing to try it out, if I were in the position you're in.
You could always use outboard processing. All in one headunits aren't ALWAYS the answer.

It is just old school looking, I would not use it for processing or other.. or trying to use it with a higher end setup.. Slap that biotch into a old trans am, 300z, old supra or somthing like that and it would kick @ss as just a deck and 4.

You could always use outboard processing. All in one headunits aren't ALWAYS the answer.
Yes, you could. But, the 9887 has internal processing, which is the only reason to compare the two units.

If the Clarion doesn't do 2-way active front stage, then IMO, it shouldn't be compared to the 9887.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nbudros

10+ year member
E-THUG
nbudros
DFW, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date