97 Silverado regular cab, first timer build.

malibujason79
10+ year member

Ok guys first time builder here. I wanted to add some bass to complement my components, so here's my attempt at building a box. I did a quick install to make sure I would be happy with the kicker sub, so now its time to clean up the wiring, cover the box and maybe make some kind of trim cover for the amp. Not really sure if I want to carpet, rhino line, or paint it to match my truck. Also unsure as to how I should make a trim cover for the amp, so i'm looking for some input or advice. A simple clean look is what i'm after, let's hear your thoughts.

whats the specs on the box?? my buddy has two of these in a 3.5cft box in a single cab silverado and it sounds very nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes i would do a trim panel over that amp. Most here call it a beauty panel. But i would bring the amp out a lil bit more and just make a "box" around it even with the sub side with a window out the front to show off the amp. Only thing with that is that ground location may be in the way.

whats the specs on the box?? my buddy has two of these in a 3.5cft box in a single cab silverado and it sounds very nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
These are shallow mounts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

looking nice. very clean nice truck too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for the feed back guys. When I installed the amp I used the hole that held the factory jack in place as my ground. As part of my "clean up" work, I do plan on moving the ground to the frame and it will be out of the way. I still can't decide on how I want to make the beauty panel. Build a simple box, cut an opening so the amp can be seen, wrap it with carpet and be done. Doing it this way you might be able to see a slight gap or seam between the sub box and the amp cover. Or build the amp side out even with the sub side, and make some type of recessed/flush mount panel that can be removed to access the wiring. Any ideas, suggestions or pictures welcome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.