97 explorer new speakers, left rear issue

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok, so as mentioned I have an 97 explorer xlt and a few months ago I had gotten a new sony xplod head unit, 1000 watt amp, and 12" xplod sub. It was rather difficult trial and error to get it all hooked up correctly with tons of wrong diagrams but I finally got it all working fine.

A few weeks ago I noticed my left rear door speaker was cutting in and out. The louder I had the stereo, the more noise/static/cutting in and out it had. So I went out this weekend and bought some sony xplod 5x7 speakers. Had to splice them since I could not get a harness anywhere in town.

After installing each one I turned the truck on and they all sounded ok...That is until I got to the left rear speaker. It cuts in and out really bad, which I thought was the old speaker being blown. I cut the wires again and reconnected it with the same results. What could I possibly check to fix this issue?

Again its only the left rear that is having this issue. I did take the head unit out briefly to check if the connections were lose or had come apart but they feel tight and electircal tape is still holding them together with no wires showing.

Awaiting your answers,

Jim

I did not realize this till tonight after looking around. My explorer has a factory amp in the back rear panel, yet I have my sony 1,000 watt amp hooked up to my sub and what I thought was the speakers too. Im wanting to by pass this amp completely (factory) and use my aftermarket one. That could def be the entire problem of why my left rear speaker isn't working! I see people all over sell harnesses for bypassing the amp, but I'd rather cut and put together mine if its possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.