96 Corvette..changing factory h/u and have a question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jaymumma

96 Corvette and using the Metra 70-1857 wiring harness bypass to integrate with my existing Bose speakers. The headunit going in is a Pioneer ANH-270BT. Metra harness has RCA inputs for speaker attachment, but Pioneer h/u doesn't have RCA outs just regular speaker line connections. Pioneer unit has RCA outs for amp but not regular line level outs for speakers (left front, right rear, etc.).

The question is:

Can I solder RCA female connectors to the appropriate speakers connections coming out of the Pioneer unit and plug into the appropriate input on the Metra harness

Thanks

96 Corvette and using the Metra 70-1857 wiring harness bypass to integrate with my existing Bose speakers. The headunit going in is a Pioneer ANH-270BT. Metra harness has RCA inputs for speaker attachment, but Pioneer h/u doesn't have RCA outs just regular speaker line connections. Pioneer unit has RCA outs for amp but not regular line level outs for speakers (left front, right rear, etc.).The question is:

Can I solder RCA female connectors to the appropriate speakers connections coming out of the Pioneer unit and plug into the appropriate input on the Metra harness

Thanks
That should work ...or get a Scosche Bose adapter for about $20 it accepts line inputs and gives you line or RCA outs...thats what I used on my Bose system in my 93 Camaro Pace Car...I updated the deck and kept stock speakers for now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jaymumma

jaymumma
St. Louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Louisiana_CRX