95 Accord, Team Ascendant Audio 18

Humm, yep, this is true! Anyways, it looks real good with all the matching carpet now! I may have missed it, but whats going on with your front stage?

Yeah I thought about it, but I mostly ride with it down unless I have people in the car, and when the seat is up im scared to play it loud because the cone might hit the back of the seat.

Yeah I flash the cyanogenmod android gingerbread rom and just a regular tablet now. I wanted a double din but the nice ones cost to much & also I wanted a ipad but they cost to much too and require more work.
Can you please give me more info on how you did this (not the dash fabricating) but harnessing it and what not.

Also, a video of it in action? I literally might order one tonight depending on how functional it really is.

Humm, yep, this is true! Anyways, it looks real good with all the matching carpet now! I may have missed it, but whats going on with your front stage?
Right now is 2 kenwoods 6.5" and 2 lanzars 5.25" in the front doors i had to take the rear speakers out so the box can fit, some cheap q power tweeters. Later I want to replace all that with crescendo mids and tweeters.

Can you please give me more info on how you did this (not the dash fabricating) but harnessing it and what not.
Also, a video of it in action? I literally might order one tonight depending on how functional it really is.
A 3.5mm to rca and hook it up to the aux input the equalizer then out to the amps & I just the charger cord coming out the arm rest and charge it with cigarette lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now is 2 kenwoods 6.5" and 2 lanzars 5.25", some cheap q power tweeters. Later I want to replace all that with crescendo mids and tweeters.
Ever notice the cancellation of the factory spot for the 6.5s due to the horrible design of the door panel?? I took the grill off and made a fiberglass copy of it, now Im buying a pair of 4"s to go onto the fiberglass covers. I also have a pair of q-logics with Clarion 5 1/4s and some no name tweeters Im not going to hook up, but rather just use them to fill the hole up so it looks good. I also plan to take a pair of hifonics tweeters my buddy didnt use and flush mount a few inches forward of the door handles, in that curve (Im sure you know where I mean, if you can picture it right now)

Are you running all of yours from the headunit? Thats what I plan to do for now, and I can always upgrade later on. Im going to run the 4s and the tweeters on the front channel of my h/u and the 5 1/4s on the rear and call it a day. Should work out ok for what it is Id think.

Ever notice the cancellation of the factory spot for the 6.5s due to the horrible design of the door panel?? I took the grill off and made a fiberglass copy of it, now Im buying a pair of 4"s to go onto the fiberglass covers. I also have a pair of q-logics with Clarion 5 1/4s and some no name tweeters Im not going to hook up, but rather just use them to fill the hole up so it looks good. I also plan to take a pair of hifonics tweeters my buddy didnt use and flush mount a few inches forward of the door handles, in that curve (Im sure you know where I mean, if you can picture it right now)Are you running all of yours from the headunit? Thats what I plan to do for now, and I can always upgrade later on. Im going to run the 4s and the tweeters on the front channel of my h/u and the 5 1/4s on the rear and call it a day. Should work out ok for what it is Id think.
no cancellation that i know of and I run everything off my amp, and I want to add some tweeter to the spot in front of the door handle too, I actually bought some super tweets thinking they would there bought I didn't realize how big they were until i got them. Do you have some pics of those fiberglass covers?

no cancellation that i know of and I run everything off my amp, and I want to add some tweeter to the spot in front of the door handle too, I actually bought some super tweets thinking they would there bought I didn't realize how big they were until i got them. Do you have some pics of those fiberglass covers?
Humm, well, maybe cancellation wasnt the best word for what I ment...more like, not as "in your face" as they could be handles it a little better. And yes, I do. They are still bare glass in the pics. I took them the day I done it. After I get my speakers, then Ill cut the holes and fabric them in the same asI used for the top portion of my panels, console lid and my pillars so itll match. I dont want to jack your thread with my pics, so where you want me to send/post them?

You should post some pics just for reference/ideas for me and other guys. I know Iv searched the hell out of google and didnt find much, so thats why I got creative and glassed.

I think when it comes time to mount the tweeters, im going to take a sharpie and trace around where I want them, then heat my hole saw up with a little torch and brand the fabric so it will melt it and the fabric wont fray out or anything, then cut the holes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Ah, no jack intended, but there they are. Kepp in mind, This is my first glass job ever, and I do plan to add more resin to the backs, but Im waiting to get speakers and see where theyll go so I dont waste a bunch where Ill be cutting out. And to mount, I traced the funny shaped hole where the factory grills set in sharpie. Im going to mount some small bolts to these "grills" and drill a hole in the panel, lay some weather stripping on it, and just thread a nut on. Here ya go:

PIC-3297.jpg

Still on the table, letting the resin dry.

PIC-3299.jpg

First one done. Compaired to the factory grill

PIC-3302.jpg

Both done and dry. Now to wait on speakers then to wrap them.

PIC-3298.jpg

Fits perfect after a good bit of trimming.

Iv never saw this done, so I figured Id give it a try. I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work out good? I wish I would buy/make rings that were cut so one side would be like 3/4 tall, and go to nothing, so I could angle them upwards, without having to do a full glass job with the dowels and all. In other words, take a 3/4" ring what go up it 3/8" and cut back to eather corner edge of the ring, if you get what Im saying?

Edit: sorry about the bad quality. But you get the point

I saw somewhere were they took the grill used it as the base then glued the dowel rods and ring to it and glass the whole thing together, i might do something like that or like yours later.

made me a battery holder but i had to assemble it inside the trunk, I wish i thought to do it before I put my box in

101_1467.jpg

i was able to get my rear speakers to fit too

101_1514.jpg

101_1520.jpg

101_1521.jpg

101_1516.jpg

2 more pics with a better camera, also im going to put another coat of paint in the port

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

Hey when you built the 3/4 pieces that you covered the trunk braces with, did you just drill them and rebolt in the factory places or what?

the vertical brace came loose again and started to rattle really bad so i just took it out, until I come up with a better way to brace.

101_1608.jpg

I went to a local car show today at The Speakerbox and they had a DB contest. They had 2 class, less than 3000 watts and over 3000 watts, I came in third in the less than 3000 watts.

101_1616.jpg

this was my highest and it was on music playing dj monsta bass dropwith driver's door open. the mic was meca style at the headrest.

IMG_20120331_123113.jpg

Went to a comp today and place 2nd in AS3 and got phat install.

img20120505193257.jpg

@37hz with my car off and passenger side door open playing lil wayne thats all i have

1011651.jpg

1011650.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.