'94 Toyota Pickup help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skatersev

I was just wondering what different kind of system setups I can put into a 1994 toyota pickup with NO cab. I realize that I can't fit huge subs and numerous amps, but do I even need to since the space is so small. I suppose this is good, since I'm on a VERY tight budget. I just need something (i'm going insane...not even a CD player). What options do I have regarding sub/amp/player, etc. set-ups? Thanks in advance.

hey dude, there is a couple of things you can do.

#1 you can purchase frr air subs, free air subs basically need no enclosure. I reccomend the Cadence BEASTS if these are what you decide to go with. just cut a face plate, mount the subs, throw them behind the seat and your ready to go...

#2 next option would be maybe finding a couple of tens that support small enclosure design and try your luck there.

#3 just hook up mids... try loading the front up with maybe 5 1/4's in the door and 6 1/2's in the kickpanels...

heres a couple sites to get you started... good prices ...

www.thezeb.com

www.carstereotime.com

Originally posted by Skatersev:I was just wondering what different kind of system setups I can put into a 1994 toyota pickup with NO cab. I realize that I can't fit huge subs and numerous amps, but do I even need to since the space is so small. I suppose this is good, since I'm on a VERY tight budget. I just need something (i'm going insane...not even a CD player). What options do I have regarding sub/amp/player, etc. set-ups? Thanks in advance.
How tight is your budget? You can get 2 jl 12w0 subs for around 90 bucks each. Component speaker sets are more expensive than 2 ways (for the most part) so you might wanna go with 2 ways. You can get a cheap cd player off ebay or something or talk one of your friends into selling you his for cheap.

All together that might cost 400-600, it's all about shopping for deals.

So I just bought some cheap 6 1/2s off of a friend and installed them in the doors. I'll probably get a CD player for christmas. some friends suggest that I just get some good 6x9s and mount them behind the seats. Others suggest just some cheap subs and amp. Are both about the same? seems to me like even cheaper subs would sound better than just some 6x9s. Also, how powerful of an amp would I need? And will my speakers need an amp, too? Sorry for all of the questions, but thanks again in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.