911 need HELP!!! for my kenwood KVT-617DVD LOCKED!

Participant count
  • Participant list

caliece
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hellow my fellow audio, video, and sercrity enthusiast im having some trouble and really need someones help today please. heres the issue i have a brand new kenwood kvt-617dvd i installed it myself (no worries im MECP certified i know what im doing) but this is the first time ive ran into this issue the radio was playing fine then my cd got jamed some how?? so i just tryed reseting it but once i rest the unit the lock code pops up now keep in mind that the unit is new and ive never programed any lock codes so my question is, does kenwood have like a universal unlock code or something Please can someone help me or give me some advice on this issue THANKS in advance Caliece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Google is your friend:

just try KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure
Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

1-During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears).

Then using your remote enter your code.

2-Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".

Then using your remote enter your code.

3-for Model# XXX-XXXX and DPX-4030

Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display.

Then using your remote, enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. suppose Your code number is XXXX (KCAR)

* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

* Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

* Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

* Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!

i love google:

The procedure notated above are applicable for all Kenwood radios that do not have DVD or DVD screens located on unit.

yeah i thought so i will i thank you all just thought someone might have known, dont think ill be able to reach them today because of the holiday so i will call tomorrow thank you all and i appreciate the help i really do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.