880prs pre out issue

Participant count
  • Participant list
The PRS is 5 volt. When you measure it though you will almost never see anywhere near the voltage that the HU is rated for. If you have the volume all the way up and all settings maxed you may see over a volt, obviously that's not the way to run things lol.

Seems like you may have a partially blown output or something. Are any of the speaker wires bare and touching anything, I don't see why the internal amp would have any affect on the pre-outs like that, but it did for a reason. Good luck!

The PRS is 5 volt. When you measure it though you will almost never see anywhere near the voltage that the HU is rated for. If you have the volume all the way up and all settings maxed you may see over a volt, obviously that's not the way to run things lol.
Seems like you may have a partially blown output or something. Are any of the speaker wires bare and touching anything, I don't see why the internal amp would have any affect on the pre-outs like that, but it did for a reason. Good luck!
Nothing hooked up other than 12v constant, remote, ground, and 12v switched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.