880 PRS to Ipod/Zune

PollyCranopolis
10+ year member

Bees!
I'm looking to switch to having my music play off an Ipod/Zune rather than lugging around my bulky CD case. I like the idea of being able to hold virtually my whole CD collection on one small unit. I've had my 880 PRS for a couple years now. As I remember, it has an AUX input on the side of the unit. It's currently installed in a 2003 Civic EX. I was wondering A: Can I run the Ipod/Zune directly into the HU through the AUX, or do I need one of those separate floor mounted boxes they sell for allot of Alpine decks that in turn plug into the unit through a specialized cable? Why do they even sell those units if you can simply run in music through the AUX? B: I'm a little worried about the AUX in being located on the side of the unit. I don't know if there will be enough space between the side of the HU and the mounting cage inside the dash for the plug to fit into the AUX input. I've seen friends cars who have a gromet mounted on the dash where the Aux cable comes through from the back of the unit, coupled with a Ipod charger on a flexible arm that comes out from the 12v cig lighter allowing adjustment, charging, and also holding the Ipod. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks!

get the cd-ib100ii i think it is, that should work for you, unless there is a proprietary one for the 880PRS... i have the ib100ii and love its integration with all of my pio's

What about Zune connectivity? Are there any players I can simply run straight into AUX without an adaptor? Will the Ipod adapter work for the most recent couple editions of the IPOD? (I'm guessing Nano)

Edit: Found the CD-IB100II Ipod adapter..around $50. Wondering if I get a Zune I can just AUX it in and skip this method?

i have nano's and they work just fine.

i dont know of any zune adapters other than a microphone aux input which is jank imho

you can run your zune right into auxilary, itll plug into headphone jack of zune and have A/v cables on othe end. its liek a 5 dollar cable, you just control the music thru the mp3 player not the HU

you can run your zune right into auxilary, itll plug into headphone jack of zune and have A/v cables on othe end. its liek a 5 dollar cable, you just control the music thru the mp3 player not the HU
Do the AV cables need plugged into anything besides AUX and the Zune (Meaning are there RCA's on the back, or just 1 AUX male connector on one end, and Zune connector on the other?). Does anyone know is there is a loss in audio quality running straight through the AUX input vs a separate adaptor? I'm guessing the advantage of the adapter is mostly being able to control the IPOD from the HU, and pull song info?

I have a Zune and a Kenwood DNX-5120. I got the AUX to RCA (red, white, yellow) cable for the headunit, and the RCA cable that plugs into the Zune's headphone jack. I don't use it often, but once in a while you can go to settings on the Zune, then hit TV Out, and the Zune will display on the headunit just as it would on your TV. Just have to use the zune to change the song. Usually I just used the same cables to play the music and have the gps on the screen. It's a shame that no headunits are compatible with the Zune, but I guess most people can't get past the big Apple iPod line and try what I believe to be a better, but less popular device.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.