83 911SC Targa

okay then. good luck with install just thought i'd make a suggestion but if you wanna be an ass about it go right ahead
you asked a question, i gave you an answer, you asked it again. your question made no sense from the start. who in the world would remove seats that are not even big enough for an adult only to replace them with something that leaves less room, is filled with subwoofers and has even less padding?

as to your opinion of me....

i_dont_give_a_rats_ass_sticker-p217392706926905645qjcl_400.jpg

Looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I hope to start an install in my 911 Targa soon...mine has a 400hp chevy 327 Renegade hybrids conversion in it I wasn't crazy about the weak 6 ...

well its been a while but i only have a small update. i went to install a pop-off valve and found that my airbox was cracked which turned into a "while i am in there" project and a couple thousand dollars of parts. the car is much better for it though. on to the minimal updates...

the box is done and i drilled the pair of holes to bolt it to the seatpan. as we speak the box and the rear parcel shelf / seat back piece is at the upholsters getting new life. i needed to cover the box and i wanted to get rid of the holes in the parcel shelf so i did it all at once. i won't be getting these pieces back until after the 15th.

this is what it looks like now with the parcel trim removed.

100_4880.jpg

rubber liner was removed and surprisingly the padding underneath was in perfect condition.

100_4881.jpg

100_4887.jpg

for those wanting to do this, or just remove the factory stuff, the rubber is only held on by some push-type clips/pieces of metal. be careful though when working with this as they have one hell of a point on the end.

100_4882.jpg

next i cleaned everything down with some rubbing alcohol and put down a layer of damplifier pro

100_4884.jpg

i had some secondskin overkill (closed cell foam) left over and it was just enough to put a layer down over the damp pro. the white in the pics is from the rubber gloves i was using. since overkill requires a glue to be applied (i use 3m super77) and i don't want to shave the hair around my wrists again gloves are a must.

100_4885.jpg

100_4886.jpg

that is as far as i can go now. i plan on putting a full layer on the floor and quarter panels in the spring when i order new carpet. i could have done it now but i did not want to rip up all the glue holding the carpeting down as i thought that would just make everything loose.

i did however install the armrest that i got from another p-car enthusiast. haven't taken the car out for a spin yet (needed a shower first) so the jury is still out on if it will stay or not.

100_4888.jpg

100_4889.jpg

looks good...I like that armrest thing...I wish I could find one for my 911....I may have to peel&seal my back deck...I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with my car with all the tornados and flooding lately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

looks good...I like that armrest thing...I wish I could find one for my 911....I may have to peel&seal my back deck...I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with my car with all the tornados and flooding lately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
they are hard to come by. there was a guy making them but it was about 10 years ago he said.

you have a 911. friends don't let friends peel n seal.

just another minor update. i have had 7 different samples of vinyl sent and none of them were a good match for the car. i finally found a good one this week and will be ordering the material next week but probably won't have it completed until the spring. snow is coming next week and winter kills projects.

i did spend a few hours today making a charger/mount setup for my iphone. i removed all the ac parts except for the controls in the center console already so they came out today and i mounted one of these:

LiquidAUX™ Deluxe for iPhone and iPod - K33430US - Kensington

charger, mount, line out converter and it has it's own little wireless remote. first step was removing the center console and drilling a hole for the base to pass through. (i apologize for the crap quality but i didn't have my camera and had to use the iphone, and with less than optimal lighting some did not come out good). i used the 3m plastic-velcro mentioned earlier in this thread to hold it down to the bottom of the console. this stuff never ceases to amaze me with it's strength.

this is not mine but shows where the a/c controls used to be. the a/c systems were never good to begin with and ~30 years later most are not working. my entire system has been removed.

Car+0131254267019.jpg

mine

iphonemount004.jpg

iphonemount006.jpg

iphonemount003.jpg

i had to get power to it and rather than running all sorts of new wires i tested and found a switched hot and ground from the ac fan control knob. i wired in a female cig lighter socket to match with the base. the rest of the wires were trimmed and capped but just not shown here.

iphonemount002.jpg

borrowed a friend's iphone (and his huge case) for picture purposes. here is what it will look like in the car (minus the huge case). the mount is very accommodating and can securely hold any version of the ipod and the iphone. simple, clean and functional.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

it was like christmas morning so i drove like a bat out of hell to get to the bank and then back to the shop before they closed today even though i can't fully install everything for a few months. originally i was going to use a 911SC logo in the center but i came across a set of patches that had a large one which worked out even better. IF, and that is a huge IF, i ever sell the car i can put the rear seats back in and still be able to sell this piece now that it just has a porsche logo and not the SC version, but don't hold your breath.

pieces sitting in the shop when i got there:

911subbox008.jpg

911subbox004.jpg

911subbox001.jpg

no more speaker holes!!!

911subbox007.jpg

911subbox005.jpg

the car is up for the winter but i took off the cover and just set the pieces in place. i really like the end result. it should look even better once i install the new carpet in the spring!

911subbox003.jpg

911subbox006.jpg

911subbox002.jpg

if you notice on the sides of the delete there is a lot of free space between each enclosure and the side panel in the car. once everything is up and running i will see how i like these woofers sealed. if i am not happy with the results it will be very easy to add a port in the open area and have it exit on the sides of the subs, kinda like this. i used quite a bit of spray foam to take up the extra airspace i had so either way i should be ok. pay no attention to my horrible photo editing skills, this was done in mspaint just to show you want i am talking about.

911subboxports.jpg

bump from the dead. time for part 2.

i decided it was time for an updated interior so i restored it. i'll just post up some highlight shots instead of the tons i have (if anyone wants to see the full build log pm me and i'll give you a link).

bought a lift

911interior008.jpg

stripped the 27 year old asphalt the factory installed on the floorpan. while it didn't do much for noise it did, along with the body being galvanized, keep the metal perfect. not a spec of rust anywhere.

911interior001.jpg

911interior003.jpg

911interior007.jpg

removed all the old adhesive

100_5706.jpg

damp pro

100_5715.jpg

100_5720.jpg

vinyl-based commercial carpet backing. cost me $10 for 10' x 54" from a friend, pretty dense, if nothing else it will make the new carpet feel better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

100_5724.jpg

100_5744.jpg

new carpet (24 freakin pieces that all overlap AND need to be glued individually!!) and enclosure installed

100_5754.jpg

100_5755.jpg

100_5756.jpg

new pedals and show mats

100_5758.jpg

100_5762.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nineball

10+ year member
too many toys...
nineball
home
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date