'80 VW Caddy (Rabbit truck) system, E30 dash, suspension...

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
I want to add cup holders but the E brake handle was in the way so out it went. I made a void in the sub enclosure by glassing over a 4" pvc and added an actuator.

video

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
I will be continuing the E30 theme into the door panels. I picked up some E30 window regulator motors and interior door grab handles/armrests. I took apart some new VW regulators and mated the E30 motors to them. The power windows are operating perfect.

I grafted the door handle mounting points to the door. I still have much more metal work to do to the doors.

Started on a trim panel/center console.

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
Keep up the good work! Also, I got the same cup holders. Those have LED's, right?
Thanks. Yep, LED's, blue, going with the blue to match the PDX amps. JL emblem will also be backlit through frosted plexi.

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
Thanks. Yep, LED's, blue, going with the blue to match the PDX amps. JL emblem will also be backlit through frosted plexi.
Nice, I got the red ones to match my color scheme. Backlit plexi is cool. I may try that

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
Slow at work today so instead of standing around I knocked this out. Modded a V1 hidden remote display and a Stinger volt gauge.

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
Really nice work! That center console looks sweet! Have you thought about doing hot and cold elements for the cup holders?
That's one thing I didn't think about. I'm always open to ideas.

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
I put some hours in on the router and this is what I came up with.

I started the metal work on the doors (still much more to do)

I installed six 10/24 rivnuts. The pods/speakers are attached with ss button head allens.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
I removed the V belt system and installed serpentine system, ac compressor delete and a VW Mk3 VR6 120A alt.

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 14, 2019
I know thread necroing is usually frowned upon, but since youre still an active member, what happened to the rest of this?

OP
crnacnac

crnacnac

Senior VIP Member
Apr 26, 2011
Pasadena,CA
I've done some performance mods and cleaned up the engine bay. As of now the interior is still the same, driving it and enjoying the system. Too busy to work on it between  my 8-5 second job, and customer jobs right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds